ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops 🏀 Alabama men's hoops on SEC Now

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Nate Oats, Mark Sears & Aaron Estrada at SEC Media Days:
Estrada on being at Bama: Said he wants to show that mid-major players can jump to the SEC "Mid-major guys don't get enough credit."
Estrada on his potential leadership role: Said the whole coaching staff wants him to be a leader this season. "I feel like I already lead by example so I'm trying to focus on being more of a vocal leader."
Estrada on being 5th in the SEC preseason standings: "That's adding fuel to my fire."
Estrada: "As soon as [Coach Oats] recruited me he had all the confidence in me."
Oats: "We've put in a system that's a lot more modern and opens the floor up."
Sears on his offseason: "When I tested the Draft I got to be around the Warriors and Jazz." Said testing the waters at the professional level gave him an understanding of what it takes to be a full-time pro.
Sears also emphasized that he wanted to be a more vocal leader.
Sears on Grant Nelson: "6-11 guard that can play 1-5 is like having a 2k player."
Oats said his new assistants gives Alabama a chance to tinker with some new styles and ideas.
Oats said they're working to improve Nelson's jumper this season.
Oats: "Our defense is where we have to hone in on and get better."
Oats said he wants to clean up Estrada's midrange game and make sure he's taking efficient shots inside the 3-point line

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News