ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops 🏀 Nate Oats, Jarin Stevenson, Sam Walters presser

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Stevenson on reclassifying: "I knew I was ready." "I just wanted to make a big impact."
Stevenson said he lived in South Korea from first to seventh grade.
Stevenson: "I feel like we've got some good leaders on the team." Said he feels comfortable and has been able to bond with his teammates.
Walters said one takeaway from the Crimson Tide's two preseason scrimmages was starting and finishing games better.
Stevenson on scrimmaging two Power Five opponents: "I know that I can hang with these guys on a Power Five level. So it's a nice confidence booster."
Stevenson: "I'm ready for that Alabama atmosphere."
Walters said he came into Alabama around 165-170 pounds. He said he's around 200-205 pounds now.
Stevenson said he's enjoyed going to Alabama football games since arriving on campus.

Oats: "At this point of the year we're a lot more concerned about who we are."
Oats said Mark Sears and Davin Cosby Jr. have been practicing and Alabama should have every player available for its game Monday.
Oats on Stevenson: "He's got a lot of Noah Clowney in him." Said he gives Alabama versatility.
Oats said Walters is a "sniper shooter."
Oats was asked about signs of team chemistry. He gave an example of Rylan Griffen helping push Walters through a tough practice recently and Nick Pringle wanting to give air time to the walk-ons in Alabama's hype video.
Oats said Grant Nelson and Jarin Stevenson's versatility could get them both drafted. "Grant's going to play all over the frontcourt."
Oats on Pringle: "He's definitely an improved player." Said Alabama can be a little more aggressive with him than they could with Charles Bediako.
Oats said the theme in the TCU scrimmage was starting better and the theme against Wake Forest was maintaining that strong start.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News