ADVERTISEMENT

Football 🏈 Saban & Mark Stoops SEC coaches teleconference

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Saban: "Kentucky's very aggressive, tough on defense."
Saban on the pressure of winning: "The way I try and manage it is to focus on the game we're playing, don't listen to the noise outside, good noise, bad noise, rat poison, whatever."
Saban: "I don't know when some guy puts on the internet in his basement all day with nothing else to do. I don't know what that means to us."
Saban said this team has had something to prove from the start, and described it as a fun group to coach.
Saban praised Kentucky WR Barion Brown for his pass-catching and ability in the return game.
Saban on Kentucky's defense: "It's a little different than some people play in this day and age but they're really effective at what they do."
Saban said when he went to the doctor regarding his eye, his doctor told him it was from yelling. "I do like the relief of other people when they need it. Not in a negative way but in a way that is inspiring to them, it gets into play better."

Stoops: "Typical Alabama team. Extremely physical, great depth playmakers At every level on both sides."
On preparing for Dallas Turner: "He's definitely a guy that can wreck a game very quickly."
Stoops was very complimentary of Alabama's secondary. Specifically mentioned Caleb Downs and Malachi Moore.
Stoops on Saban's longevity: "He is truly the best and has done it at a high level for a long time so it's pretty remarkable. I just have a lot of respect for him."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News