ADVERTISEMENT

some top targets for next year

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
that bama has been recruiting for a while.
6-10 pf robert miller
6-5 sg cam scott
6-3 cg boogie fland
6-10 c aiden sherrell
6-2 cg jase richardson
6-7 sf liam mcnealey
6-5 sf chase mccarty
6-4 pg labaron philon
6-8 pf tyler betsey
6-9 pf asa newell
6-7 pf derrion reid
6-5 sf vj edgecombe
6-4 sg jalil bethea
all are highly rated players.

Last edited:
6-10 pf robert miller
6-5 sg cam scott
6-3 cg boogie fland
6-10 c aiden sherrell
6-2 cg jase richardson
6-7 sf liam mcnealey
6-5 sf chase mccarty
6-4 pg labaron philon
6-8 pf tyler betsey
6-9 pf asa newell
6-7 pf derrion reid
6-5 sf vj edgecombe
6-4 sg jalil bethea
seems like chase mccarty, aiden sherrell, and cam scott is ours to lose.

I was kinda joking in my previous comment but correct me where I'm wrong on classification(not sure on these transfers).
2023/2024 roster:

Quinerly Sr
Sears Sr
Estrada Sr
Wrightsell Sr
Nelson Sr
Pringle Sr
Griffen So- working towards pro
Stevenson Fr
Walters Fr
Diobate Fr
Cosby Fr
Parker Fr
13th spot possible Sr

So that's 7/8 possible players gone.

In today's basketball world, out of the 5 freshmen 2 will leave to go pro and 2 will transfer. Why? Because they are all free agents after their 1st year.
Someone getting injured leaves a better chance of them returning.

In this scenario we will only have 1 or 2 players back for the next season.

I was kinda joking in my previous comment but correct me where I'm wrong on classification(not sure on these transfers).
2023/2024 roster:

Quinerly Sr
Sears Sr
Estrada Sr
Wrightsell Sr
Nelson Sr
Pringle Sr
Griffen So- working towards pro
Stevenson Fr
Walters Fr
Diobate Fr
Cosby Fr
Parker Fr
13th spot possible Sr

So that's 7/8 possible players gone.

In today's basketball world, out of the 5 freshmen 2 will leave to go pro and 2 will transfer. Why? Because they are all free agents after their 1st year.
Someone getting injured leaves a better chance of them returning.

In this scenario we will only have 1 or 2 players back for the next season.
the covid virus could come into play with sears and pringle getting an extra year.

With 6 seniors I would hope the Fr would realize thar the next year would have plenty of minutes available. Of course we will see if they are as good as advertised. Who knows one may surprise and be one and done . It should be fun to watch.

6-10 pf robert miller
6-5 sg cam scott
6-3 cg boogie fland
6-10 c aiden sherrell
6-2 cg jase richardson
6-7 sf liam mcnealey
6-5 sf chase mccarty
6-4 pg labaron philon
6-8 pf tyler betsey
6-9 pf asa newell
6-7 pf derrion reid
6-5 sf vj edgecombe
6-4 sg jalil bethea
Only 1 pg in that group. I think CNO will have at least another pg

Reactions: lainey2020
philon and fland are probably our top point guard targets.
OK but Fland listed as CG, didn't know if he could handle the point. Some that claim to be a CG can't be effective at the point.

OK but Fland listed as CG, didn't know if he could handle the point. Some that claim to be a CG can't be effective at the point.
A combo guard can't handle the point? Combo means he can fill multiple roles. Fland is a true combo, not in name only.

In today’s college basketball with transfers and NIL, coaches must focus on the here and now. Take it one season at a time basically. Recruiting is highly important and Oats has proven he can snag some big ones on the recruiting trail and the portal. Just can’t assure they’ll be there longer than 1-2 years. I think Oats is great at adapting to changes and this years team could validate it if they finish in the Top 3 of the SEC with all the talent they from last year.

In today’s college basketball with transfers and NIL, coaches must focus on the here and now. Take it one season at a time basically. Recruiting is highly important and Oats has proven he can snag some big ones on the recruiting trail and the portal. Just can’t assure they’ll be there longer than 1-2 years. I think Oats is great at adapting to changes and this years team could validate it if they finish in the Top 3 of the SEC with all the talent they from last year.
The recruiting up until now was the combination of Oats and his coaching staff.He has had to do a complete overhaul of his staff. This new staff will reflect what kind of coach Oats is in terms of recruiting. Saban is an example of the coach that can rebuild his staff and never miss a beat in recruiting. Oats is starting off good with a missing coach on staff. I feel that he should be asking for the bells & whistles that the football program has In football facilities to attract recruits. It should be cheap compared to a new arena. Because of the number of players compared to the football roster. A new training facility & resting pods for the players. Gaming rooms for the players.locker rooms that are second to none in the SEC. All of these little things help Saban when he has visitors on campus. All of this would help attract basketball recruits without breaking the bank like a replacement arena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT