ADVERTISEMENT

2022 basketball recruits

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
with the way coach oats is recruiting has alot of excitement around t-town. here are some name coach oats has his eyes on for 2022 class.
roddy gayle 6-4 shooting guard from ny ranked 64.
gradey dick 6-7 small forward from kansas ranked 37.
brandon miller 6-6 small foward from tennessee ranked 11.
zocko littleton 6-3 combo guard from georgia ranked 151.
rodney rice 6-4 shooting guard from maryland ranked 71.
barry dunning 6-5 small forward from mobil ranked 35.
roll tide

Amazing. I keep using that word but kind of like when i saw the Grand Canyon. I just didn't have words. I have been following Bama BB since Hayden Riley was the coach and never dreamed we would recruit at this level. Even CM's teams that had so much talent were mostly in state guys. After seeing what CNO has recruited I am about to the point of taking it for granted we will get some of these guys. Amazing. of course now we need to win. RTR

Amazing. I keep using that word but kind of like when i saw the Grand Canyon. I just didn't have words. I have been following Bama BB since Hayden Riley was the coach and never dreamed we would recruit at this level. Even CM's teams that had so much talent were mostly in state guys. After seeing what CNO has recruited I am about to the point of taking it for granted we will get some of these guys. Amazing. of course now we need to win. RTR
in any other year wesley cardet would have been our top target and he might still sign with us. just another example of where coach oats has the program in his time here. roll tide

Rodney Rice transferred to Dematha High School in MD after last school year and they play in my old high school’s (Paul VI in Virginia) conference. I’ll have to get out and see them play this season. There’s nothing like WCAC basketball at the high school level.

with the way coach oats is recruiting has alot of excitement around t-town. here are some name coach oats has his eyes on for 2022 class.
roddy gayle 6-4 shooting guard from ny ranked 64.
gradey dick 6-7 small forward from kansas ranked 37.
brandon miller 6-6 small foward from tennessee ranked 11.
zocko littleton 6-3 combo guard from georgia ranked 151.
rodney rice 6-4 shooting guard from maryland ranked 71.
barry dunning 6-5 small forward from mobil ranked 35.
roll tide
Coach Oats and staff are doing incredible things in recruiting. Like xcop, I really havent seen the likes of recruiting classes CNO is able to put together. I really dont have the words to describe the desire to be good at basketball at Bama. Better than that CNO has shut TIGER up and his condescending diatribe towards our basketball program.
Hats off to this staff so far.

Coach Oats and staff are doing incredible things in recruiting. Like xcop, I really havent seen the likes of recruiting classes CNO is able to put together. I really dont have the words to describe the desire to be good at basketball at Bama. Better than that CNO has shut TIGER up and his condescending diatribe towards our basketball program.
Hats off to this staff so far.
CNO is recruiting well, no doubt about it. you still have to prove it on the court. Bruce just picked up a top 5 overall player. he hasn’t had any of those to work with yet.

Reactions: xcop
CNO is recruiting well, no doubt about it. you still have to prove it on the court. Bruce just picked up a top 5 overall player. he hasn’t had any of those to work with yet.
Hey tigger. how about beating Pearls team last year by 19 in Tuscaloosa and lost a close game in barnville. So with that team last year, youre going to really like the 2020/2021 version. They will prove it again this year.

Hey tigger. how about beating Pearls team last year by 19 in Tuscaloosa and lost a close game in barnville. So with that team last year, youre going to really like the 2020/2021 version. They will prove it again this year.
congrats on beating AU.

AU has other things to worry about like making another final four and finishing the run. Generational recruits like Jabari Smith and insane studs like Sharife Cooper help that. Cooper has already been a huge recruiting play for AU. Kids everywhere love Cooper.

I have to say I agree. I'm a big cheerleader for UA hoops and things are really exciting and cwe seem to be headed for bigger things, BUT, like you said, gotta prove it with some W's or it's just hype. I'm crazy enough to think we can also make a Final Four. Btw, I was rooting for AU (blasphemy) and y'all totally got hosed vs UVA. Unbelievable call/screw job. Could have won it all. It'll be great for both if UA really ups it's game and the UA-AU games are of national importance each year.

Really hoping we can get Brandon Miller, elite big man, lives 10 min away from me, his dad played for Alabama in football, and he grew up a huge Alabama fan. In an interview on TOS, he said that Alabama was the school that he texted with the most, so it seems like the staff likes him and he has a pretty good relationship with them. His recruitment will definitely be one of the more interesting ones to watch for us

I have to say I agree. I'm a big cheerleader for UA hoops and things are really exciting and cwe seem to be headed for bigger things, BUT, like you said, gotta prove it with some W's or it's just hype. I'm crazy enough to think we can also make a Final Four. Btw, I was rooting for AU (blasphemy) and y'all totally got hosed vs UVA. Unbelievable call/screw job. Could have won it all. It'll be great for both if UA really ups it's game and the UA-AU games are of national importance each year.

Dang man. I would not have admitted that.

Last edited:
the thing that messed that run up is chuma going down. that guy is going to have a long, long career in the league. uva wouldn’t have even been close if he’d have been playing.

you have good reason to be excited with the class oats is putting together. basketball is finicky though. it only takes one good class to make a team competitive, but some of these highly ranked players do more harm than good. look at UGA with Edwards or LSU with Simmons. they got better after those players left.

AU had elite guard play and an elite rim protector/rebounder in Wiley to go with that elite all around player in Chuma. that made that team work. i think it starts with guard play, but you have to have a good big man or you’ll get wrecked inside by the blue bloods.

the thing that messed that run up is chuma going down. that guy is going to have a long, long career in the league. uva wouldn’t have even been close if he’d have been playing.

you have good reason to be excited with the class oats is putting together. basketball is finicky though. it only takes one good class to make a team competitive, but some of these highly ranked players do more harm than good. look at UGA with Edwards or LSU with Simmons. they got better after those players left.

AU had elite guard play and an elite rim protector/rebounder in Wiley to go with that elite all around player in Chuma. that made that team work. i think it starts with guard play, but you have to have a good big man or you’ll get wrecked inside by the blue bloods.
Yeah man I agree with your take. On Chuma, one and dones and the overall fickle nature of college hoops. I know you're excited for AU's future. We just feeling the same. I don't like it when Bama basketball fans go overboard over recruits. You look silly unless THEY WIN ON THE COURT. Couldn't be happier with CNO's work so far. Really is tearing it up. We have a legit roster now. Let's run boys!

Dang man. I would not have admitted that.
Haha maybe i shouldn't have. Nah, I haven't dealt with TIGER much but based off that one post I have nothing crazy to say. Reasonable talk. When did I turn into the nice guy?? Used to be if you heard my engine or if you saw the F5 mohawk coming down the street toward you and we got problems? Fools were headed expeditiously in the other direction. I guess my punk rocker/drunken street brawling days are about over. I'm dangerously close to being all outta angst. Getting older is a trip @NovaTiger77 . Don't do it. I've gone from a feared wild man to a docile homebody.

Haha maybe i shouldn't have. Nah, I haven't dealt with TIGER much but based off that one post I have nothing crazy to say. Reasonable talk. When did I turn into the nice guy?? Used to be if you heard my engine or if you saw the F5 mohawk coming down the street toward you and we got problems? Fools were headed expeditiously in the other direction. I guess my punk rocker/drunken street brawling days are about over. I'm dangerously close to being all outta angst. Getting older is a trip @NovaTiger77 . Don't do it. I've gone from a feared wild man to a docile homebody.

Why on earth would you ever root for Auburn in anything?

Reactions: gedrury1852
i will never root for the cow college, but i like tiger being on here. gives us another side of info and he is not usually disrespectful.

i HATE it when the cow college plays 10rc. somebody gotta win

Reactions: gedrury1852
ADVERTISEMENT