ADVERTISEMENT

A different ESPN Account of the fatal shooting

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
Now we get a completely different account of the shooting and this one is entirely different and seems to confirm why Miller is not charged. It also leads one to question why is Miles Charged? The article also seems to point out just how lucky Miller is that he was not hit by a round. The article also seems to lead one to ask the question, why did Johnson pull up behind a parked Miller with his lights off? ESPN seems to be implying that they saw the video and the video confirms Miller's account. If you go back and listen to the audio you will hear one shot about 10 seconds before the bevy of shots. Was that the first shot that hit Davis, because it sounds like that shot is before Davis grabbed the gun?

New ESPN Account

Last edited:
Now we get a completely different account of the shooting and this one is entirely different and seems to confirm why Miller is not charged.
chocado-choque.gif

Yeah, I find this interesting:

At 1:43 a.m., Miller's car pulled up behind Bradley's car, and Miles stepped out of Bradley's car.

Harris' Jeep made a left on Grace Street, away from the fight among the women in the alley and street. The Jeep turned around, lights still off, and pulled up behind Miller's car.

Now we get a completely different account of the shooting and this one is entirely different and seems to confirm why Miller is not charged. It also leads one to question why is Miles Charged? The article also seems to point out just how lucky Miller is that he was not hit by a round. The article also seems to lead one to ask the question, why did Johnson pull up behind a parked Miller with his lights off? ESPN seems to be implying that they saw the video and the video confirms Miller's account. If you go back and listen to the audio you will hear one shot about 10 seconds before the bevy of shots. Was that the first shot that hit Davis, because it sounds like that shot is before Davis grabbed the gun?

New ESPN Account
And for those who ridiculed how a parked car could block Grace Street, look at the ESPN article's photo Grace Street looking toward The Strip and reconsider.

New ESPN Account
"Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift. Thanks for your post, hopefully some here will take your advice to wait for the truth to arrive.

And for those who ridiculed how a parked car could block Grace Street, look at the ESPN article's photo Grace Street looking toward The Strip and reconsider.
Grace Street is no more than an alley; however, there is ample room for two cars to pass. You still do not drive down or up Grace unless you intend to drive up or down Grace and you don’t pull up and park behind another vehicle with lights off unless you mean to do that.

Any chance we hear an apology from Finebaum, Travis and all the others that convicted Miller and Bama within 10 minutes of the story breaking? No?. I didn't think so.
Wanna be political hacks like Travis and Goodman will grind on this and pivot the argument from playing murderers to playing gun carrying thugs. I've seen where Goodman has asked every coach so far about their gun policy. No doubt with intention to put Oats and UofA in a corner again. So far that angle has blown up in his face. He's continually proving that we did one thing right by ignoring him in a press conference where everyone in the room knew what he wanted to ask.

Many have accepted that for the most part UofA and Oats handled this correctly and Miller really didn't have a real part in this happening other than poor timing. But the pr communication was a nightmarishly bad case study in how to NOT handle a high profile incident that you can't dodge. Our pr and legal teams were behind or late on every single new bit of news on this incident and Oats made it worse by talking out of his backside instead of playing clichés on repeat.

This article does as good of a job as we've seen so far of laying everything out that is known and presumably they were also able to see some of the video and talk to some witnesses that back up what Miller's real role in this was.

For me one take away from the article is Miller's biggest fault was being late. If he's there to pick up Miles when Miles wanted him then its very possible that none of this happens. That will probably haunt the kid for a long time.

Last edited:
Grace Street is no more than an alley; however, there is ample room for two cars to pass. You still do not drive down or up Grace unless you intend to drive up or down Grace and you don’t pull up and park behind another vehicle with lights off unless you mean to do that.
Agree 100%. One of the points made at the time was "blocking the street". If you park on Grace Street you effectively reduce it to a single lane.

Reactions: lainey2020 and xcop
“why did Johnson pull up behind a parked Miller with his lights off? “
I’m sure ole Cedric Johnson pulled behind and blocked Miller’s car in like that just so he could politely continue the conversation he was having with Davis earlier, right? It had to have been a total coincidence that his lights were off and he had a loaded gun in his hands ready for a shootout.

The more evidence comes out I’m not even sure they have the right guys charged at all. One thing is clear, if Cedric Johnson doesn’t pull behind Miller and just goes home instead then none of this ever happens.

I don't understand why the media newshounds aren't delving deeper into Johnson's involvement. Where are the indept interviews with him? Supposedly Johnson pulled behind Miller's car and there are two bullet holes in Miller's windshield. Ballistics examinations should be able to tell which weapon fired those rounds into Miller's car. Who is the other mystery person that was a passenger in Miller's front seat? What does he/she have to add? A lot of unanswered Qs.

I don't understand why the media newshounds aren't delving deeper into Johnson's involvement. Where are the indept interviews with him? Supposedly Johnson pulled behind Miller's car and there are two bullet holes in Miller's windshield. Ballistics examinations should be able to tell which weapon fired those rounds into Miller's car. Who is the other mystery person that was a passenger in Miller's front seat? What does he/she have to add? A lot of unanswered Qs.
Cedric Johnson is a nobody. You don’t get many clicks and views reporting about someone nobody knows. If an Alabama player hadn’t been involved, almost no one, including most of the people in Tuscaloosa, would even know about this shooting. If Miller had not been there that night, and it had just been Miles, the 12th man on Bama’s bench, this story would not even be talked about after the 1st week. A majority of the press could care less about the truth, just how they can spin it to receive more viewership, and many times the truth is very boring vs a fantastic made up story. Plus, I have to imagine Johnson’s attorney, which I would hope for his sake he has one, is telling him do not talk to a soul about this incident, especially the media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT