ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball gets three-year probation

Yeah what does this mean exactly?
It means Alabama has to pay a fine, Kobie can't work for a NCAA program for ten years and Alabama is on probation for three years.

As long as Alabama doesn't violate NCAA rules during the probationary period they'll be fine. But if Alabama violates NCAA rules while on probation the NCAA will likely go to its "repeat offender" penalty book and at that point they could impose much harsher penalties like a post season ban.

It means Alabama has to pay a fine, Kobie can't work for a NCAA program for ten years and Alabama is on probation for three years.

As long as Alabama doesn't violate NCAA rules during the probationary period they'll be fine. But if Alabama violates NCAA rules while on probation the NCAA will likely go to its "repeat offender" penalty book and at that point they could impose much harsher penalties like a post season ban.
I do not see how this bodes anything but ill for auburn

Russell Wood was awesome in Coach Bryant's last game

Reactions: xcop
Good news as it could’ve been a lot worse. This should signal that LSU and Auburn will get a lot worse
LSU and AU are nothing alike. AU didn’t recruit for one year, suspended the players for a year and a year and a third (purifoy), and the coach was fired.

Literally no other school in the ncaa suspended the players in question. None. Nada. AU was the most proactive and it wasn’t even close. i expect a penalty, but it will be similar to bama.

Reactions: Russ Wood
AU allegedly didn't recruit for one year, but didn't an AAU team visit Auburn during this period that included one or more prospects Pearl was recruiting? Or was this just a coincidence? Just asking, because I recall this as being somewhat controversial at the time it happened.

Also, and take this for what it's worth, I've learned never to "expect" a specific or "similar" outcome from the NCAA. They are anything but consistent or fair-minded.

Last edited:
Reactions: milso47
LSU and AU are nothing alike. AU didn’t recruit for one year, suspended the players for a year and a year and a third (purifoy), and the coach was fired.

Literally no other school in the ncaa suspended the players in question. None. Nada. AU was the most proactive and it wasn’t even close. i expect a penalty, but it will be similar to bama.
Sexton was given a one game suspension

Chuck person was in a New York hotel Room as the Auburn assistant head basketball coach 6 hours before game. Had players I believe family members the Atlanta suit maker and potential representation for players and he was brokering a financial deal. This bodes extremely poorly for au

Reactions: cola68

So lil tigger thinks all is ok for the barn...... Chuck Person probably doesn’t share his expectation, nor do I.

Reactions: xcop

Lol Sexton was suspended a game... good try though. Also, Auburns coach is in prison for what he did. Alabama’s paid $60 for a meal.

• Haha
Reactions: kansas77
AU allegedly didn't recruit for one year, but didn't an AAU team visit Auburn during this period that included one or more prospects Pearl was recruiting? Or was this just a coincidence? Just asking, because I recall this as being somewhat controversial at the time it happened.

Also, and take this for what it's worth, I've learned never to "expect" a specific or "similar" outcome from the NCAA. They are anything but consistent or fair-minded.
Why would an AAU team visiting Auburn be controversial?

Plenty of programs invite a team to come on an unofficial to watch a game or to come watch practice. Especially if the invited team has a freshman the college coach wants to get on campus.

Basketball programs can no longer invite freshman to visit unofficially unless his team and its coach(es) comes as a group.

Reactions: bamarog66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT