ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball picked to finish fifth in SEC

I'd rather the team start unranked and middle of the pack in conference vs last season where heads exploded after one big win and the team wasn't right the rest of the way.

Reactions: xcop
I like where we're ranked. It's better to climb to the top and much harder to live up to a lofty rank. Like last season we were predicted to finish 2nd in the SEC and we finished 6th.
I think we will have a much better team than last years. We have solid quality depth at every position.

Reactions: bet9
I'm certainly wiser than someone who thinks a 3 seed would be bad lol
after our recruiting classes and what we’ve been hearing about Miller, I was expecting a run at the SEC championship considering we won it a couple of years ago. It depends on your perspective. You think Kentucky will be happy with 3rd? SA.

We’ve had solid recruiting classes but not UK level. Arkansas has absolutely smoked the transfer portal. A top 3 sec finish is likely a tournament 2-3 seed this year.
after our recruiting classes and what we’ve been hearing about Miller, I was expecting a run at the SEC championship considering we won it a couple of years ago. It depends on your perspective. You think Kentucky will be happy with 3rd? SA

after our recruiting classes and what we’ve been hearing about Miller, I was expecting a run at the SEC championship considering we won it a couple of years ago. It depends on your perspective. You think Kentucky will be happy with 3rd? SA.

It's not about perspective. You're just wrong. The 3rd sec team in the preseason poll is #11. You'd be disappointed going into the ncaa tournament ranked #11? No you wouldn't.

It's not about perspective. You're just wrong. The 3rd sec team in the preseason poll is #11. You'd be disappointed going into the ncaa tournament ranked #11? No you wouldn't.
Just shut up ***hole. Everybody else is nice but you have to be right and ***hole.

I'd love to win the sec. But if we finish 3rd in the sec we'll be a 2 or 3 seed in the ncaa tournament which is definitely not a disappointing year.
Absolutely not. My expectations were set higher and actually holding out for a title.

I'd rather make the final 4 than win the sec and I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who disagrees
I’m not respond anymore. I didn’t say I disagreed with that. I’d rather have the final four. There I said it.

Reactions: RTRfromGA
In terms of expectations, I will be disappointed if we don’t win it all next year. As exciting as it is to advance in the tournament, the further you advance, the more heart broken you are if/when you lose. Realistically, I have just wanted our teams to be like the 80’s and early 90’s teams, which is talented enough to be a true contender in the tournament. Most years the best team in the regular season doesn’t even win it. So, as long as you are playing strong BB at seasons end, and you have enough talent to be a real contender in the tournament, that is all that really matters. From there it is about who gets hot, who gets a lot of breaks or the ball just bouncing their way on a certain night, etc. Our teams in the 80’s and early 90’s were like this, and many had mid tier seedlings.

I think Tide Fanatic was saying that tongue in cheek after CNO brought us a #3 ranked recruiting class. With 2 5 stars and some depth at the 4 and 5 positions and hopefully some shooters, we have a chance to make some noise IF these guys are ready for the grind of a tough schedule and the always rough and tuff SEC schedule.

Based on what exactly? Most likely are going to be disappointed. It is what Bama basketball has done for decades.
pwest you know there is a new regime running the program now that has already broken records right? I truly wish you wouldn't come on the BB forum and spread your Debbie Downer syndrome attitude about Oats teams before this one has a chance to play a couple of games.
Lighten up my friend, I think they will do well this year, even with the other teams improving too like Arkansas, Tennessee, and Auburn. Kentucky is loaded this year and we would be ahead of the game taking one from them at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT