ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Alabama dominates Kentucky 85-65

We need Gary to be better than he is. I’m always saying he should be in over Rojas, but last night.... yikes
He forced shots at the basket and they had no chance of going thru the hoop. CNO will get him focused a little better and make him concentrate on rebounding and defense and let the shots come to him.

Reactions: frazor
Also, it would be cool if neither injury was that bad and we win the next 5 while getting Gary, Primo, Ambrose, and Ellis really going.
That would be very cool indeed. I guess Reese would likely start in Bruner's place? I think Reese has earned it. His effort on all things not 3 pointers has improved tremendously IMO. His defense is a pleasant surprise every time he makes play. Maybe Ambrose-Hylton will find more minutes. Has good size and length. Hoping with more PT he will find his groove.

I think part of Gary's problem is he feels like he only has a small window to contribute and up until now that has been true. Early in the season that was a big part of Reese's and Rojas' problem. Reese is killing it in his role and God only knows what Rojas is doing. Hopefully with 10-15 minutes of playing time Gary will show a little more and his shots start to fall.

Still having a hard time believing this team is 5-0 with road wins at Tenn, AU, and UK. Can't help pinching myself occasionally as this seems implausible on every level but here we are 5-0 and a home game against Ark coming up.

At a glance the next 5 games look a little scary with a bunch of guys banged up all of a sudden. The road trip to red stick next week will be huge. Pull out a W there and it gets a little crazy figuring out how far things have come. That being said I'm expecting a loss there and a huge dose of reality forced on us. Then we find out what this Bama team really is. Another Feb fade or will they keep it rolling into post season?

We need a little perspective here. Loved the win In Rupp last night and the guys played really well and deserve a ton of credit.
But that Kentucky team is the worst team in Lexington maybe ever. 4-7 with a bunch of freshman. Bama with a much older and experienced team.
Great win- but perspective is needed. Even with the injuries.

We need a little perspective here. Loved the win In Rupp last night and the guys played really well and deserve a ton of credit.
But that Kentucky team is the worst team in Lexington maybe ever. 4-7 with a bunch of freshman. Bama with a much older and experienced team.
Great win- but perspective is needed. Even with the injuries.
I would say the same about our first loss or two in conference. This weekend will be tough, but at this point the team has earned themselves some grace and patience from our fans. But, I’m sure when we lose the board will be in full meltdown mode

I would say the same about our first loss or two in conference. This weekend will be tough, but at this point the team has earned themselves some grace and patience from our fans. But, I’m sure when we lose the board will be in full meltdown mode
Agree about this weekend. No Bruner or Herb will be tough against Arkansas. And then at LSU next week.
Really unfortunate- team had really turned the corner the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT