ADVERTISEMENT

ALABAMA IS YOUR 2021 SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPION

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
WHAT A GAME!! Alabama took all of LSU's best punches and it came down to getting a defensive stop and Alabama got it to secure it's first SEC Tournament title since 1991. Alabama got incredible effort from every player that stepped on the floor tonight and had four players score 13+ points. Jaden Shackelford stepped up huge in the 2nd half to finish with 21 and Herb and JQ were the catalyst as always. LSU was hitting some incredible shots all game and played pretty good defensively throughout, but Alabama's veteran leadership prevailed in the end. Alabama won the SEC regular season and Tournament title for the first time in quite sometime. The defensive effort was there all game but LSU was just hitting everything. Ellis scored 14, Herb had 13 and 11 rebounds and 4 blocks, Quinerly had 14, and Gary played 17 really tough minutes. It was an all around effort. Alabama shot its typical 33% from 3, but made 12 of them and won the battle of the paint outscoring LSU 40-36 despite Bruner being hobbled. It was an all around clean game with only 14 combined turnovers and 18 combined free throws and it turned out to be open of the best games I've watched all year!.

Alabama will now await it's fate this afternoon to see who they play in the first round as they are locked in as a 2 seed. WHAT A TIME TO BE AN ALABAMA BASKETBALL FAN!!!!

Can't remember a Bama game that intense. The Watford angle being from Alabama and friends with the Bama players really made this game special. Watford played his ass off, he would have been

Reactions: pfaud001
Well Alabama is the only team to win the conference in the regular season and conference tournament. They have earned a 1 seed, but will be snubbed by Michigan. Hopefully puts a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: pfaud001
WHAT A GAME!! Alabama took all of LSU's best punches and it came down to getting a defensive stop and Alabama got it to secure it's first SEC Tournament title since 1991. Alabama got incredible effort from every player that stepped on the floor tonight and had four players score 13+ points. Jaden Shackelford stepped up huge in the 2nd half to finish with 21 and Herb and JQ were the catalyst as always. LSU was hitting some incredible shots all game and played pretty good defensively throughout, but Alabama's veteran leadership prevailed in the end. Alabama won the SEC regular season and Tournament title for the first time in quite sometime. The defensive effort was there all game but LSU was just hitting everything. Ellis scored 14, Herb had 13 and 11 rebounds and 4 blocks, Quinerly had 14, and Gary played 17 really tough minutes. It was an all around effort. Alabama shot its typical 33% from 3, but made 12 of them and won the battle of the paint outscoring LSU 40-36 despite Bruner being hobbled. It was an all around clean game with only 14 combined turnovers and 18 combined free throws and it turned out to be open of the best games I've watched all year!.

Alabama will now await it's fate this afternoon to see who they play in the first round as they are locked in as a 2 seed. WHAT A TIME TO BE AN ALABAMA BASKETBALL FAN!!!!
@Harper41 Any chance Bama gets a 1 seed? I’m not sure if the analytics are 100% accurate but I did see some tweets from some saying it was possible.
Alabama
SOS - 10
Non Con SOS - 54
RPI - 2
Only team to win regular season and conference championship.
5-0 in past 5 games

Michigan
SOS - 20
Non Con SOS - 106
RPI - 7
Lost in semi finals of conference tourney.
2-3 in past 5 games

@Harper41 Any chance Bama gets a 1 seed? I’m not sure if the analytics are 100% accurate but I did see some tweets from some saying it was possible.
Alabama
SOS - 10
Non Con SOS - 54
RPI - 2
Only team to win regular season and conference championship.
5-0 in past 5 games

Michigan
SOS - 20
Non Con SOS - 106
RPI - 7
Lost in semi finals of conference tourney.
2-3 in past 5 games
The injury to Livers will be taken into account as well. I'm thinking 95% we're a 2. I do think there is that small legitimate chance though bc of the reasons provided and some other historical Power 5 analytics that say we should be a 1. Do not think it's gonna happen though.

Reactions: pfaud001 and tydzbk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT