ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama / Jacksonville State Thoughts

Fair enough but in the first 9 games last season (When everybody was blasting him) he averaged 7.5 pts per game against the likes of Penn, Rhode island, SF Austin, etc. Over the next nine games (Most of which was conference play) he nearly doubled his production to 12.5 pts per game. May not be the 20 ppg that people expect of him but nothing to sneeze at either.
I think Herbert should pattern his game to a degree after Dennis Rodman

I know milso. Lots of other haters
i would not call them haters, but we have a tendacy to over hype the new guys.

i do really like primmo. -- rojas and especially Q-- looked great. they were both on the tean last year but could not play. they both played up to my expectations.

petty, herb, and shack will be the back bone of this team along with Q though.

Last edited:
I think Herbert should pattern his game to a degree after Dennis Rodman
I totally agree. Good BB players realize their strengths and play to them. Rodman, while super special, realized he wasn’t an offensive threat, and just got his points on, mainly, put backs. Herb has to be stronger when he is around the rim, and realize he is not a good shooter or big offensive threat. He needs to play defense, pass, and get his points at the rim. He will never be anywhere near the rebounder Rodman was(very, very few are even close to Rodman here), but he can help here too, thanks to his length if he uses it properly. I always hated players like Charles Oakley, who were throwing up 3’s, when his game should have been under the basket, rebounding, and allowing the better shooters and offensive players to take those shots. When you play outside your strengths, you are not helping your team.

Reactions: grichards56
ADVERTISEMENT