ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Outlasts #1 UNC in 4 OT 103-101

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Wow. Wow. Wow. What a game that was! If I had a cardiologist, I’d have to make an emergency appointment.

Noah Clowney went down 3 minutes into the game and when your playing against Nance and Bacot, that typically spells disaster. Give credit to this young, gutsy team. They play with so much heart and they outlasted a team that is so talented and experienced.

In a game where Brandon Miller had his worst game of his young career and Quinerly shot poorly in the second half and the rest of the game, Alabama had numerous guys like Mark Sears who scored 24 and Bediako who scored 14 as well. Sears played 55 minutes and was a +12 when he was on the court. He was such a difference maker.

Alabama was +27 in the 3 point department and that made up the difference of getting outscored 52-40 in the paint. Alabama made a great effort of being even in the rebounding category against a team much larger than they are, especially when losing Clowney so early.

Miller shot 4/21. Quinerly shot 8/26. That won’t happen again. If you told me those players would shoot that poorly and Clowney would go out with an injury 3 minutes in, I would say Alabama would’ve lost by double digits. This team has so much heart and play for each other. This team is so different from last year and you can tell.

Alabama leaves Oregon with 2 wins that are bigger than any in the country right now. What a tournament.

Thanks Harp. Really hope Noah Clowney isn't seriously injured.
You are right about this being a different team. Very proud of them really all three games
in the PKI.
I think my heart rate is now getting back to normal...Roll Tide BB

Thanks Harp. Really hope Noah Clowney isn't seriously injured.
You are right about this being a different team. Very proud of them really all three games
in the PKI.
I think my heart rate is now getting back to normal...Roll Tide BB
Seems pretty obvious he landed on his tailbone. I’d expect him back quickly.

Such an awesome game with unlikely heroes. Here is my only gripe. We could have easily won the third OT (I think that is right). We took Angry Chuck off the floor, and they dominated us. Once Chuck came back, we were a different team. He is a stud and played one of his best games ever. I am very proud of how the team handled this tourney. I don’t understand why Davis sat Bacot. He was eating our lunch. Odd decision to me. Anyway, to beat 2 blue bloods is very impressive. Maybe we can have a run like we had 2 years ago.

We need to get a handle on the sloppy turnovers. We are leaving points in the paint we will need down the road. So glad to win this one.
l really thought Charles B stepped up with Clowney down and Miller in foul trouble at times. l think he has been a force all year, but tonight he stepped up when we had to have him.

By the way hope you are doing well l feel like l know you. l got my football that came from your friend. Really nice.

Such an awesome game with unlikely heroes. Here is my only gripe. We could have easily won the third OT (I think that is right). We took Angry Chuck off the floor, and they dominated us. Once Chuck came back, we were a different team. He is a stud and played one of his best games ever. I am very proud of how the team handled this tourney. I don’t understand why Davis sat Bacot. He was eating our lunch. Odd decision to me. Anyway, to beat 2 blue bloods is very impressive. Maybe we can have a run like we had 2 years ago.
I agree but #14 needed a break and he was in foul trouble. I noticed a big difference when Chuck was out. Also I was wondering why Bradley was playing in crunch time instead of more experience with Burnette. But hand it to Oats, he has this program rocking now.

ADVERTISEMENT