ADVERTISEMENT

ALABAMA V. FLORIDA THOUGHTS

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
We had best be ready Wed. Night, as this is a make it or break it game for Florida. At the present time Florida is sitting on the first four out line for the NCAA and this might be their biggest chance for a major Quad 1 win, which would get them to the other side of the line. Florida has been playing well lately, even though they lost in Lexington, by 4. Florida is an excellent defensive team and they do have a couple of major shooters that can get hot. I don't think Florida can win a scoring contest; however, if they can make the game ugly they have a chance. Do I expect this game to be close? No. On paper it should be a 20 point win for Bama. Bama has been playing up and down lately, so if we are up, we win easily and if we are down, this will be a close game. In short Florida is the worst kind of team to face. They are extremely talented, dangerous, plays great defense and they are playing for everything, with nothing to lose. This will be a brutal game.

I look for Florida's Defense to give us trouble early and Florida's big man is an offensive weapon, so he scares me. Bediako and Clowney had best be prepared for the pick and roll this time.

Last edited:
We had best be ready Wed. Night, as this is a make it or break it game for Florida. At the present time Florida is sitting on the first four out line for the NCAA and this might be their biggest chance for a major Quad 1 win, which would get them to the other side of the line. Florida has been playing well lately, even though they lost in Lexington, by 4. Florida is an excellent defensive team and they do have a couple of major shooters that can get hot. I don't think Florida can win a scoring contest; however, if they can make the game ugly they have a chance. Do I expect this game to be close? No. On paper it should be a 20 point win for Bama. Bama has been playing up and down lately, so if we are up, we win easily and if we are down, this will be a close game. In short Florida is the worst kind of team to face. They are extremely talented, dangerous, plays great defense and they are playing for everything, with nothing to lose. This will be a brutal game.

I look for Florida's Defense to give us trouble early and Florida's big man is an offensive weapon, so he scares me. Bediako and Clowney had best be prepared for the pick and roll this time.
Good post and l expect a tough game. We should handle them in T-town, but we better not be looking ahead to the Saturday game against West Ga. Florida is capable of sneaking up on us.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
A few personal DOs:
Don't over-dribble; make sharp accurate passes; play defense with your feet; go under ball screens; make your FTs; inbound the ball with confidence...not hope; and more movement on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT