ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama women's team to face UNC in NCAA tournament

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014

Alabama women’s basketball earned an at-large bid in the 2021 NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament, its first since the 1999 season. The Crimson Tide heads to the Big Dance as a No. 7 seed and will take on 10th-seeded North Carolina in Monday’s first round. The game will tip at 11 a.m. CT on the Alamodome South Court on ESPN.

NCAA Tournament Notes

· Alabama is making its 11th appearance in the NCAA tournament and first since 1999.

· The Crimson Tide made eight consecutive trips from 1992-99 after its initial two in the 80s (1984, 88).

· Alabama is 16-10 in the NCAA tournament, with its deepest run coming in 1994 when it advanced to the Final Four.

· Head Coach Kristy Curry is taking her third team to the NCAA tournament after having made trips to the Big Dance at Purdue (2000-06) and Texas Tech (2011, 13).

The Series

• The Tide and Tar Heels will be meeting for the 11th time in the series and second in as many years.
  • Alabama won the last matchup, 83-77, in Tuscaloosa on Dec. 15, 2019.
  • Ironically, the two teams met the last time the Tide played in the NCAA tournament, with the then-11th ranked Tar Heels winning, 70-56, in Chapel Hill in the second round of the 1999 tournament.

Last edited:
Wonderful!! I’ll have to admit I haven’t followed them at all. This is sort of surprising considering the one post I did read about Alabama WBB the Head Coach was being shown the door by our fans. Well anyway I’ll be pulling for them. RTR

Reactions: bet9
Wonderful!! I’ll have to admit I haven’t followed them at all. This is sort of surprising considering the one post I did read about Alabama WBB the Head Coach was being shown the door by our fans. Well anyway I’ll be pulling for them. RTR
You’ve been a member here long enough to know not to put too much stock into what a lot of people post on here. Some of those “fans” who want to show Curry the door are the same ones who complain that Herb Jones handles the ball too much on our men’s basketball team. The same Herb Jones who had 17 assists against only 6 turnovers in the SEC tournament.

Reactions: bet9 and uagolffan
You’ve been a member here long enough to know not to put too much stock into what a lot of people post on here. Some of those “fans” who want to show Curry the door are the same ones who complain that Herb Jones handles the ball too much on our men’s basketball team. The same Herb Jones who had 17 assists against only 6 turnovers in the SEC tournament.
And most of those assists were not from the point guard position. That was my point about Herb.
Curry went 0-7 against the top 6 teams in the league this year with 3 Senior starters. And her in state recruiting is abysmal.
But do not let facts get in the way. Are they better? Yes. But what do you want to be?

Reactions: LaMar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT