ADVERTISEMENT

Am I crazy or is conference play setting up nicely??

frazor

All American
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
@ Miss St. W
Ole Miss W
Kentucky W
@Arky L
LSU W
@Vandy W
@Mizzou L
Miss St. W
@Oklahoma W
Vandy W
@LSU W
Florida W
@Auburn W
@UT L
UGA W
@USC W
Arky W
Auburn W
@TxA&M W

At Arky may be more manageable if Nick Smith Jr. can't go in a few weeks.

If we can get to at least 20 wins, I think we'll get a high seed in the tourney. One thing for sure, we can't have any more injuries without getting some people back. Burnette and Clowney (sp) are sorely missed. Welch is still an unknown.

@ Miss St. W
Ole Miss W
Kentucky W
@Arky L
LSU W
@Vandy W
@Mizzou L
Miss St. W
@Oklahoma W
Vandy W
@LSU W
Florida W
@Auburn W
@UT L
UGA W
@USC W
Arky W
Auburn W
@TxA&M W

you're a little crazy.

I went through our conference schedule a couple of weeks ago and also projected us to finish 15-3. One of those predicted losses was to State, but I now think we’ll win that game. My projection was also before the Burnett injury. I still think 15-3 is attainable, but 14-4 may be more realistic. Getting a road win this week would be a great start.

Last edited:
Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
kentucky, arkansas, and @auburn will be hard but i hope you are right.
Obviously UK is going to have talent so you never know for sure but do they have a cast of players capable of unifying and winning a dogfight? I don't think so and the majority of people don't think Cal is capable of producing such a team. They have lost to every respectable team they've played this season other than 5-3 Michigan.

Didn't Jones, Petty, and co. lose at Mizzou two years ago as well? Was down like 25 before making it tight in the last 2 minutes.
Once again different team, this team is also better than that team also. Can we lose to mizzu, sure but it's definitely not a counted loss. Mizzu has beaten 1 decent team, lost to the other and the rest has been garbage teams. Once again Bama can lose but this team is built different.

Once again different team, this team is also better than that team also. Can we lose to mizzu, sure but it's definitely not a counted loss. Mizzu has beaten 1 decent team, lost to the other and the rest has been garbage teams. Once again Bama can lose but this team is built different.
I agree but Bama vs Mizzou is almost the same as Bama playing at Vandy, you just expect weird/bad things.

a
@ Miss St. W
Ole Miss W
Kentucky W
@Arky L
LSU W
@Vandy W
@Mizzou L
Miss St. W
@Oklahoma W
Vandy W
@LSU W
Florida W
@Auburn W
@UT L
UGA W
@USC W
Arky W
Auburn W
@TxA&M W

after today`s games you don't seem a bit crazy.

Reactions: lainey2020
a

after today`s games you don't seem a bit crazy.
You didn't think Bama was going to get upset tonight did you???

This is a really good team that, barring injury, is only going to get better. I think the SEC as a whole is down a bit this year which is going to allow for some road victories.

@ Miss St. W
Ole Miss W
Kentucky W
@Arky L
LSU W
@Vandy W
@Mizzou L
Miss St. W
@Oklahoma W
Vandy W
@LSU W
Florida W
@Auburn W
@UT L
UGA W
@USC W
Arky W
Auburn W
@TxA&M W

Brother I hope you are right with the 15-3 mark in conference play, I actually think we will be closer to a 12-6 (maybe 13-5) team but we shall see.

ROLL TIDE frazor!!!!

You didn't think Bama was going to get upset tonight did you???

This is a really good team that, barring injury, is only going to get better. I think the SEC as a whole is down a bit this year which is going to allow for some road victories.
i didn't think kentucky and arkansas was going to lose and auburn barely get by at home.

I don't care how bad the Kentucky team is, they are never an easy win. Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, are going to be six tough games. We are a very young team and we will have ups and downs. Except for Vandy and South Carolina there are no easy wins on the schedule. It is a long season and injuries will change the course of every teams season. Sorry, but if you told me 12-6 in conference, I would take it.

Alabama plays State, Tennessee, Arkansas and Auburn twice and Kentucky. Nine games against top 25 teams, plus LSU (2), Florida, aTm and Missouri, which all resemble good teams. I think we have the toughest schedule in the conference. Could we go 15-3? Of Course, but we will have to be ready every night and have a lot of help. If you think that there is a cream puff on the schedule, please consult with Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas and Kentucky and ask them about about last night.

Last edited:
I don't care how bad the Kentucky team is, they are never an easy win. Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, are going to be six tough games. We are a very young team and we will have ups and downs. Except for Vandy and South Carolina there are no easy wins on the schedule. It is a long season and injuries will change the course of every teams season. Sorry, but if you told me 12-6 in conference, I would take it.

Alabama plays State, Tennessee, Arkansas and Auburn twice and Kentucky. Nine games against top 25 teams, plus LSU (2), Florida, aTm and Missouri, which all resemble good teams. I think we have the toughest schedule in the conference. Could we go 15-3? Of Course, but we will have to be ready every night and have a lot of help. If you think that there is a cream puff on the schedule, please consult with Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas and Kentucky and ask them about about last night.
I know that we play the snot eaters and Arkansas twice, but I am pretty sure we only catch Tennessee and Kentucky once.
Mississippi State, LSU and Missouri have a combined record of 35-4, but their schedules are atrocious.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: lainey2020

IMO Tennessee, Arkansas, and Auburn to some extent are the ones to be cautious of because they have a coach, philosophy, and a mindset that promotes winning. They are not going to quit coming at you. UK will always have talent but that is it. Cal hasn't shown the ability to generate "winners" in quiet a while. Not saying they can't beat Alabama but if we show up with intensity and fire then we roll. I'd be interested to see Cal/UK's stats and records over the past decade. Fairly confident that it isn't that impressive for a historical top 5 program.

ADVERTISEMENT