ADVERTISEMENT

Antoine Pettway becomes head coach at Kennesaw State

it seems like the rats are jumping ship… what once felt like a promising future is certainly not shining brightly at the moment.

This is crazy, right? Is there any indication these guys are trying to get away from a bad situation or just a reflection of Oats success?
If they were leaving for lateral moves I would be concerned, but all three assistants are leaving to become head coaches. Sucks, but I am super happy for Pettway, very loyal to the Tide.

Kennesaw loses 3 big pieces from last years team, but Tuscaloosa native Chris Youngblood who averaged about 15 points a game will be back for Pettway to run his offense thru.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Last edited:
If they were leaving for lateral moves I would be concerned, but all three assistants are leaving to become head coaches. Sucks, but I am super happy for Pettway, very loyal to the Tide.

Kennesaw loses 3 big pieces from last years team, but Tuscaloosa native Chris Youngblood who averaged about 15 points a game will be back for Pettway to run his offense thru.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
I posted the same yesterday. I think it’s a great job for pett.. and with the transfer portal and Georgia to recruit .. I think Pett will do well.

l can't ever remember a head coach who was remaining at a school losing everyone of his assistants in one year to head coaching jobs. l think this a great compliment to Coach Oates. lt may put him in a tight right now trying to recruit and find new assistants, but in the end top assistants should be running over each trying to get him to hire them.

l can't ever remember a head coach who was remaining at a school losing everyone of his assistants in one year to head coaching jobs. l think this a great compliment to Coach Oates. lt may put him in a tight right now trying to recruit and find new assistants, but in the end top assistants should be running over each trying to get him to hire them.
This ^^^. Look what CNS has done for coaches in disrepair. Locksley, Sark, Kiffin, O’Brien, etc.

Totally agree. I see the glass as half full.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT