ADVERTISEMENT

Are we headed to 288 teams in the Tournament

It depends on what kind of season your team has had. Since I’ve got interest in Alabama basketball I would even like a double elimination in the tournament. Using this last year as a example. I believe Oats may have used a few timeouts after the lost in the sweet-sixteen. It could be he would have set JQ on the bench for trying to be the hero in driving in for lay-ups.

It depends on what kind of season your team has had. Since I’ve got interest in Alabama basketball I would even like a double elimination in the tournament. Using this last year as a example. I believe Oats may have used a few timeouts after the lost in the sweet-sixteen. It could be he would have set JQ on the bench for trying to be the hero in driving in for lay-ups.
one player don`t win a game or lose it.

No one player don’t. But a coach that will not call a time out, or make adjustments when his team is the number #1 seed makes one hell of a difference.
Without that Coach l seriously doubt we would have ever gotten that far or had the great season we had. We had some great players, but Coach Oates was responsible for getting them as well.

Without that Coach l seriously doubt we would have ever gotten that far or had the great season we had. We had some great players, but Coach Oates was responsible for getting them as well.
You are correct. Without the success of Oates I wouldn’t be on this board concerned about the future of Alabama basketball. But, I wish that both Oates & Saban would claim responsibility for the losses. Saban always blames his players for not executing coaching. Oates blames his players for not shoot 3 point plays why don’t they just blame themselves of being out coached as coach Bryant did? Why can they not just take responsibility on themselves. They hold the keys of the game in their pockets. Sometimes it is to stop a 10 point drive by simply calling a time out and regroup.

You are correct. Without the success of Oates I wouldn’t be on this board concerned about the future of Alabama basketball. But, I wish that both Oates & Saban would claim responsibility for the losses. Saban always blames his players for not executing coaching. Oates blames his players for not shoot 3 point plays why don’t they just blame themselves of being out coached as coach Bryant did? Why can they not just take responsibility on themselves. They hold the keys of the game in their pockets. Sometimes it is to stop a 10 point drive by simply calling a time out and regroup.
As a fan we have no power to stop this madness other than a forum. But, if I was to be talking directly to coach Oates it would be coach. You admitted yourself that basketball is made up of runs by one team are the other.So, if the other team is on a run then why do you not call a timeout to stop their momentum.

You are correct. Without the success Coach Oates has brought to the program I wouldn’t be on this board. I just don’t want to be in a game next year where calling a couple of timeouts could be the difference in winning, or losing.

Without Oats, Alabama would still be a perennial NIT/bubble team. Everyone does criticism, but can’t be nit picky
Hard to argue your point. But, as a fan you want to step forward into the next season. Gone are the days of coach Bryant where he tuck the responsibility for losing.

Reactions: bet9
There are enough teams in the tournament. Too many IMO.

If they are going to change anything I'd like to see them change the tournament into series play with the round of sixteen. It would drag it out a few more weeks but it would be worth it. Make the rounds of 16 and 8 best 2 out of 3 series. Then the final four is two rounds of best 3 out of 5.

Reactions: bet9 and JMusso72
There are enough teams in the tournament. Too many IMO.

If they are going to change anything I'd like to see them change the tournament into series play with the round of sixteen. It would drag it out a few more weeks but it would be worth it. Make the rounds of 16 and 8 best 2 out of 3 series. Then the final four is two rounds of best 3 out of 5.
That sounds like a good ideal.

I've always had the thought of taking the top 8-16 teams and give them a bye.
Then take the other 64 or however many and put them in the NIT bracket.

Let the NIT play its way down to 8-16 then combine and seed to form the championship tournament of 16-32.

Final 4 or 8 plays best of 3.

The NCAA tournament is the greatest spectacle in College Sports. Contrary to popular belief, these kids are not in college just to play basketball. The present setup gives schools like FDU a chance, which is the beauty of the tournament. We are not the NBA playoffs, so stay single elimination. Who in their right mind believes FDU would have beaten Purdue a second time? Double elimination and we don't know Sister Jean The greatest story in the history of the tournament, NC State over Houston, does not exist

Yes, I don't believe Sand Diego State beats Alabama twice out of three, but I will take the loss if we preserve the tournament format. I think 68 is too many teams, but when TV offers more money there will be more teams.

The NCAA tournament is the greatest spectacle in College Sports. Contrary to popular belief, these kids are not in college just to play basketball. The present setup gives schools like FDU a chance, which is the beauty of the tournament. We are not the NBA playoffs, so stay single elimination. Who in their right mind believes FDU would have beaten Purdue a second time? Double elimination and we don't know Sister Jean The greatest story in the history of the tournament, NC State over Houston, does not exist

Yes, I don't believe Sand Diego State beats Alabama twice out of three, but I will take the loss if we preserve the tournament format. I think 68 is too many teams, but when TV offers more money there will be more teams.
64 was enough but i can handle 68 but no more.

Hard to argue your point. But, as a fan you want to step forward into the next season. Gone are the days of coach Bryant where he tuck the responsibility for losing.
No way I’m going to miss this age of Nick Saban. I just wish he had the humility to take responsibility when we lose just as coach Bryant. I feel bama fans would except him taking responsibility just as we did coach Bryant.

No one player don’t. But a coach that will not call a time out, or make adjustments when his team is the number #1 seed makes one hell of a difference.
I must disagree ,one player can win a game with one shot,or lose it with turnover after turnover when one like Oats keeps playing the player when he is having a bad night, that player doesn’t seem to know how to set up his teammates for successful results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT