ADVERTISEMENT

Bama women

pwestbro61

All American
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Led Third ranked Aggies 26-23 with 3:53 left in half- then got out scored 19-3 by halftime. Another meltdown against a top team. 41-29 at half. Wow.

Really pull for the Ladies but they seem to melt down as stated above.
In order to become a force ,we all want to see ,this has to stop !

They need a real coach. Some people think she’s doing a great job by beating average to less than average teams. Alabama is not getting their money back off what they are paying.

They need a real coach. Some people think she’s doing a great job by beating average to less than average teams. Alabama is not getting their money back off what they are paying.
That’s all that is expected right now which is 100x better than the past 20 years. We went from the cellar to an NIT team to now a likely NCAA team. With as top heavy as women’s hoops is, it doesn’t really matter anyway.

The ladies rallied late, scoring 23 points in the 4th quarter, but came up just a little short in a 73-67 loss. Texas A & M is ranked #3 in the nation, so there’s no shame in losing to them, especially when you play them as toughly as we did. Our program is light years ahead of where it was when Curry took over.

That’s all that is expected right now which is 100x better than the past 20 years. We went from the cellar to an NIT team to now a likely NCAA team. With as top heavy as women’s hoops is, it doesn’t really matter anyway.
I would agree for the most part but here lies the problem. She is paid like a top tier coach for 7 years. Why in 7 years has she not been able to recruit Alabama and establish relationships? Just getting into the NCAA tournament isn’t that difficult in women’s basketball.
Trust me when I say the people that pour into that program don’t like it at all.

If Curry is allowed to stay, next year will show her lack of recruiting elite talent! She loses her top 3 players this year.

I’m not sure if it’s the coaching or recruiting that’s the biggest problem. I do know most all really good Alabama high school players go out of state. She has had 7 years to try to fix that and has not come close.

Reactions: bamakay
I’m not sure if it’s the coaching or recruiting that’s the biggest problem. I do know most all really good Alabama high school players go out of state. She has had 7 years to try to fix that and has not come close.
That is correct. The top 5 players in state do not even consider coming to Tuscaloosa. And that is a problem.

The problem is it took five years for the administration to decide to support the program. You could never t recruit when your camps were in Barnwell and Foster. Could you see Tennessee having a summer camp in a high school gym? Yea, let’s fire a coach that had to build a program from scratch, without being allowed to use a hammer and nails. We had no commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT