ADVERTISEMENT

Bama WR recruiting and who will commit next

vegas man

All American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Atlanta, GA
As I projected, WR Travis Smith committed to Tennessee yesterday.

I'm not sure how much Bama was really in it for Smith over the last several weeks as there wasn't much of a push from the staff due to all of the confidence they would land the real prize at WR...Caleb Cunningham. Cunningham is a much better prospect and more of a sure thing and true playmaker at WR.

That really leaves only two potential WRs left on the board...Kaliq Lockett (out of Texas) and Derek Meadows (out of Vegas).

I do not expect Meadows to join the good guys. And, I'm fairly confident the staff will not take another WR in the '25 class unless it is Lockett. That's a clear testament to just how much talent the staff currently has in Tuscaloosa as well as the addition of Lotzeir and Cunningham in the '25 class. Speaking of Lotzeir...he's probably the most underrated prospect in the nation. Seriously.

The momentum of this class continued today with the commitment of 4-star OT Ty Haywood, which makes the OL haul in the '25 class absolutely sick. Like WR, I don't expect the staff to take another OL unless its OT Malachi Goodman (New Jersey). But again, I think the '25 OL bus is now full.

So Who's Next?

With 22 current commits, the '25 class is quickly filling up. But there are still a few needs left to fill. One of those needs is at RB where the Tide has only one commit at this time (Turbo Rogers).

I question whether or not Rogers will sign with the Tide in December as he was a target of the previous staff and committed way back on 6/2/23. Because of this, RB is the big need right now. But fear not as DeBoer and staff quickly identified Akylin Dear and they have been laser focused on bringing him to Tuscaloosa.

big-al-excited.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News