ADVERTISEMENT

BB tickets

xcop

All American
Gold Member
May 29, 2002
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
i got a card in the mail and checked on my Basketball tickets. They are about to price me out of the picture. After 45 years in the same seats I will keep them one more year but not sure how long I will choose to do this. I'm in section x so lots of folks paying significantly higher.

I bet I will never get my seats in a new arena. We have only had our seats 25 yrs and have tried to move from section B to section C numerous times and failed. Its going to be expensive in a new arena.

Agree with you x. I start my 51 year in my seat and am really questioning my sanity for renewing. Can’t imagine what they will be in the new arena. Course I need not worry about tha.t. At 83 I won’t be around to see it. Just very sad

Agree with you x. I start my 51 year in my seat and am really questioning my sanity for renewing. Can’t imagine what they will be in the new arena. Course I need not worry about tha.t. At 83 I won’t be around to see it. Just very sad
There is more demand for seats after a record breaking season. I went to my 1st game this year watching Alabama beat LSU by 40 plus points. I had a blast watching the game from near the top of the arena. Yes supple and demand will control the price of tickets. If we down size expect ticket prices to go up.

Reactions: HOUNDZTOOTH1
I bet I will never get my seats in a new arena. We have only had our seats 25 yrs and have tried to move from section B to section C numerous times and failed. Its going to be expensive in a new arena.
I heard today the minimum will be $12,000 minimum to get a seat. So that's the cheapest sections.
Looks like a lot of us will be out.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 52 years. Let’s just all be in for another year and see what happens. Prices are up this year but not much. I haven’t done a survey but I bet our ticket cost for a team that has won 2 regular season conference championships and 2 SEC tournament championships is very reasonable. Let’s be glad we are still in Coleman and have another year where we can enjoy for a very reasonable cost a time which I predict will finally get us to the Final Four!

Sorry to those that get priced out and actually use their tickets.

But maybe this will also push out the season ticket holders who never go to games and leave empty seats?

i got a card in the mail and checked on my Basketball tickets. They are about to price me out of the picture. After 45 years in the same seats I will keep them one more year but not sure how long I will choose to do this. I'm in section x so lots of folks paying significantly higher.

Football got a huge bump in costs this year as well. Some sections didn't see a big bump but some went up a dramatic amounts "to better reflect the market value of those seat" or somesuch. They're going to price everyone out of BD that isn't a corporation or a retiree with cash to burn and nothing else to spend it on. I expect the same in basketball if/when the new arena gets built.

Sorry to those that get priced out and actually use their tickets.

But maybe this will also push out the season ticket holders who never go to games and leave empty seats?

The kind of folks that were sitting on tickets and never or rarely using them likely couldn't even tell you how much they've been paying for the tickets. Cost won't scare those folks out.

Reactions: tsmithua
Football got a huge bump in costs this year as well. Some sections didn't see a big bump but some went up a dramatic amounts "to better reflect the market value of those seat" or somesuch. They're going to price everyone out of BD that isn't a corporation or a retiree with cash to burn and nothing else to spend it on. I expect the same in basketball if/when the new arena gets built.

The kind of folks that were sitting on tickets and never or rarely using them likely couldn't even tell you how much they've been paying for the tickets. Cost won't scare those folks out.

When the new arena is built the jump in ticket prices will only effect working class like myself. When this committee finally votes to build they will have a plan to pay for the debt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT