ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Miller delays announcement

jtr4dad

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hoover, Alabama
He will not be announcing a commitment next Monday as originally planned. I was really hoping he would get the ball rolling for this recruiting class. Signing day is only a few weeks away and we're still waiting for our first commitment.

Reactions: AnInterestedParty
Assuming most don’t think that’s good news for us right?
We're still perceived as the frontrunner. I wouldn't panic just yet, but it is a little disappointing. I would've thought that we would have at least one commitment by now. In other recruiting news, we seem to be turning up the heat on Ernest Udeh, Jr. after slow playing him for awhile. Our staff hadn't planned on signing a big man this year, but Udeh's development is making it hard for us to stick with that plan. I'm beginning to think that he will be a part of this class.

Last edited:
We're still perceived as the frontrunner. I wouldn't panic just yet, but it is a little disappointing. I would've thought that we would have at least one commitment by now. In other recruiting news, we seem to be turning up the heat on Ernest Udeh, Jr. after slow playing him for awhile. Our staff hadn't planned on signing a big man this year, but Udeh's development is making it hard for us to stick with that plan. I'm beginning to think that he will be a part of this class.
Thanks for the info. Hoping Miller will commit to us soon!

Nick Smith announcing his commitment on the 29th. Assuming we aren’t feeling good about this anymore either right?

I am leaning now towards Professional route for Miller. A lot of people around him are pushing him that route.

Also, Nick Smith will commit to Arkansas

Reactions: Jbone100
We will get some good players but after hearing less than a month ago we would sign “3 of the 4 and maybe all 4” of those big targets this is a huge string of misses
Signing 3 of the 4 would have given us our highest ranked class ever. Signing 0 of the 4, which I am in no way predicting yet, could leave us with our lowest ranked class since the Anthony Grant days. That's a huge difference. Still a lot of questions to be answered in the next few weeks, which will leave us basketball fans with a high sense of apprehension.

ADVERTISEMENT