ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Indoor

aggietider

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
We had an appt in NC and we went to the Duke campus , North Carolina campus and Clemson campus today on our way home. My kid loves this kind of stuff. Any of y’all ever been on the Duke campus? Those buildings are unreal. We obviously didn’t go in Cameron Indoor but it looks so cool from the outside.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
We went to the Duke Carolina game in I believe it was 2015 in Cameron. It was one of the best games I have ever been to as Duke won 92-90.

Other than the fantastic game the thing I remember most is that Tim Brando was calling the game and before the game started I got close enough to him to go holler 21-0 Brando, Roll Tide.

The first time I did it he just looked at me, but at halftime we walked down and I got even closer and hollered Hey Brando 21-0, Roll Tide. My friend was recording both times and the second time I did it the look on Brando’s face as he told me to “Grow The Hell Up” still cracks me up to this day. That is a guy that truly dislikes Bama and to his credit he really does not try to hide it.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Buddy is a huge UNC fan so my wife and I helped hos wife surprise him with a trip to Chapel Hill a few years ago for a basketball game. Beautiful campus. Visited every sports field. Gate to the football field was open as well so we got to get a good look at it.

We went to the Duke Carolina game in I believe it was 2015 in Cameron. It was one of the best games I have ever been to as Duke won 92-90.

Other than the fantastic game the thing I remember most is that Tim Brando was calling the game and before the game started I got close enough to him to go holler 21-0 Brando, Roll Tide.

The first time I did it he just looked at me, but at halftime we walked down and I got even closer and hollered Hey Brando 21-0, Roll Tide. My friend was recording both times and the second time I did it the look on Brando’s face as he told me to “Grow The Hell Up” still cracks me up to this day. That is a guy that truly dislikes Bama and to his credit he really does not try to hide it.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
So either you are somebody or you know somebody to get in that game….

Buddy is a huge UNC fan so my wife and I helped hos wife surprise him with a trip to Chapel Hill a few years ago for a basketball game. Beautiful campus. Visited every sports field. Gate to the football field was open as well so we got to get a good look at it.
We just went to the Dean Smith Center and the museum. Obviously we didn’t get in the arena. But the museum was cool. Has tons of things in it.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
That's insane. I was at this game too. My whole family splurged and bought my dad tickets for Christmas. We had been to a bunch of Duke games, but none in Cameron. I still can't believe they came back and won that game. I believe they were down like 9 with less than 3 minutes or so in the game.

It snowed like crazy in Durham so we weren't able to go checkout the campus like we would have liked. Getting back to the hotel after the game was an adventure with all the ice on the sidewalks.

Its been about 15 years since I visited Duke and UNC's campuses. The one thing I remember about Duke's campus at the time was the the football stadium still having a track around the field. I thought Cameron was some type of field house at first just based on the design of the building. The Dean Center and UNC's stadium were impressive. That Carolina blue looked sweet throughout their campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT