ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Nate Oats

wilson3409

All State
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2013
Elkmont, AL
Normally I keep my thoughts to myself for the most part but given what this team has had to endure the last 2-3 days and how Coach Oats has handled it I couldn’t help but make a post about it.

Coach has a team that’s playing at a level where many people last week were labeling them as the best team in the country. Some how he led a team into a venue where Alabama has usually struggled to play and came out with a victory. All things considered the victory really wasn’t that important. The way Oats has carried himself thru this is what’s so impressive to me. You could tell tonight in the postgame interview that the emotions were right there on the edge of bursting out but he answered the questions and talked about about how he has turned to prayer and bible verses in this time.

A coach that can balance a situation like this with emotion and still be successful but also make it a learning experience for the players that are still there just blew me away. I really hope we can keep him as long as possible and that he gets the support he deserves because in my opinion he is a top notch coach and we would be crazy to let him go.

I cringed a little in Oat's post game courtside interview with the SEC network when they started asking about the Miles situation but I suppose you have to ask those questions. Thought CNO handled it very well and didn't shy away from his faith during the interview. He could have easily left that out.

Normally I keep my thoughts to myself for the most part but given what this team has had to endure the last 2-3 days and how Coach Oats has handled it I couldn’t help but make a post about it.

Coach has a team that’s playing at a level where many people last week were labeling them as the best team in the country. Some how he led a team into a venue where Alabama has usually struggled to play and came out with a victory. All things considered the victory really wasn’t that important. The way Oats has carried himself thru this is what’s so impressive to me. You could tell tonight in the postgame interview that the emotions were right there on the edge of bursting out but he answered the questions and talked about about how he has turned to prayer and bible verses in this time.

A coach that can balance a situation like this with emotion and still be successful but also make it a learning experience for the players that are still there just blew me away. I really hope we can keep him as long as possible and that he gets the support he deserves because in my opinion he is a top notch coach and we would be crazy to let him go.
AMEN!

Very good post sir and l agree. Thanks for posting.

OP is outstanding. That post said all the feelings many of us have. He is a class guy and not afraid to seek guidance from others and a higher authority. My opinion of him was already high but his actions during this tragedy has put him on a different level than any Coach I know of.

ADVERTISEMENT