ADVERTISEMENT

denijay harris

l to was hoping for a Point Guard. That is what really worrys me about next years team. We better hope Sears stays healthy for sure.
I believe the replacement for JQ has already been addressed. I believe JQ had been instructed on his roll in last year tournament and he failed to follow instructions. He entered the draft and no one was interested. He then came back to Alabama and the ship had sailed. He move to Memphis because he could find a starting position. I don’t believe in the 500K NIL contract for a one year player with his record of ball control & turnovers. I do believe Oats has a PG that he feels will be better the sticking with JQ.

Reactions: bet9 and rsaxoniii
I believe the replacement for JQ has already been addressed. I believe JQ had been instructed on his roll in last year tournament and he failed to follow instructions. He entered the draft and no one was interested. He then came back to Alabama and the ship had sailed. He move to Memphis because he could find a starting position. I don’t believe in the 500K NIL contract for a one year player with his record of ball control & turnovers. I do believe Oats has a PG that he feels will be better the sticking with JQ.
Would like to hear your take on what his role was last season and how he failed to adhere to CNO requests. As for the money, is JQ worth $500k? No. But I wouldn’t dismiss anything like that happening in Memphis or for a whole host of teams that felt as though they were one piece away. Sadly at the end of the day they still have Penny Hardaway as their coach.

Here's my JQ opinion:
At the beginning of the season it was Brandon Millers team with Sears playing well. At the end of the Season it was Quinerlys team and that's when I thought we wouldn't make it far.
He was a great reserve at the beginning of the season.
JQ is a terrible defender and helps open up the floor for the oppositions offense.
Regardless of how many points JQ scored he had very few games where his offense outdid his defense.
The more JQ played and led the worse Sears, Miller, Bradley and others did. Murder was the blame.
JQ had a great year a couple of years ago and yes, he did win us some games but I believe he was an overall negative impact player and hurt the team more than he helped.
Defense leads to offense in Oats system and they spread the ball around and dominate. JQ got us in shoot outs and he's a ballhog and that eventually gets to the other shooters on the team and leads to them missing shots.

If you think about it, everybody on the team was getting better and we hadn't hit our peak but when JQ got going and got valuable playing time everyone started getting worse which made him seem valuable but he wasn't.

Sears was better and will be better just like we were saying at the beginning of last season. Somehow that's been forgotten.

I think Memphis is a great place for him and Penny will allow him to score 30 a game and I hope he becomes the next Stephon Marbury.

Reactions: bet9 and Drcohen
Would like to hear your take on what his role was last season and how he failed to adhere to CNO requests. As for the money, is JQ worth $500k? No. But I wouldn’t dismiss anything like that happening in Memphis or for a whole host of teams that felt as though they were one piece away. Sadly at the end of the day they still have Penny Hardaway as their coach.
From a pretty good source l believe. JQ is getting $150 grand with a possibility of other NIL deals. Nothing else guranteed.

Not claiming to be an expert, but l personally would have loved to see JQ and Bediako back this year.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Here's my JQ opinion:
At the beginning of the season it was Brandon Millers team with Sears playing well. At the end of the Season it was Quinerlys team and that's when I thought we wouldn't make it far.
He was a great reserve at the beginning of the season.
JQ is a terrible defender and helps open up the floor for the oppositions offense.
Regardless of how many points JQ scored he had very few games where his offense outdid his defense.
The more JQ played and led the worse Sears, Miller, Bradley and others did. Murder was the blame.
JQ had a great year a couple of years ago and yes, he did win us some games but I believe he was an overall negative impact player and hurt the team more than he helped.
Defense leads to offense in Oats system and they spread the ball around and dominate. JQ got us in shoot outs and he's a ballhog and that eventually gets to the other shooters on the team and leads to them missing shots.

If you think about it, everybody on the team was getting better and we hadn't hit our peak but when JQ got going and got valuable playing time everyone started getting worse which made him seem valuable but he wasn't.

Sears was better and will be better just like we were saying at the beginning of last season. Somehow that's been forgotten.

I think Memphis is a great place for him and Penny will allow him to score 30 a game and I hope he becomes the next Stephon Marbury.
I agree even at Mid year we played worse when JQ was in the game. I feel he had great leadership in the locker room. But, when he was in the game especially the last game the “ball hog” came out. Probably cost us the game. I have to much respect for Oats to think he wasn’t trying to coach JQ in that game. That’s the reason I feel like Oats had moved to someone that he feels will have more emotional control than JQ. I think Oats may have expressed his disappointment and disapproval of JQ performance in not being a team player in that final game. If Oats didn’t then he’s not the coach that I think he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT