ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for women’s basketball next year

BToddFord

All District
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2019
What are the expectations or prospect for Alabama women’s basketball ball next season. . It looks like they will make NCCA tourney this year but the 3 best players are seniors ! Unless they use the waiver to come back? Do not see much talent.

Sorry my iPhone iPhone spell check wants to read my mine Expectations is what I meant

What are the expectations or prospect for Alabama women’s basketball ball next season. . It looks like they will make NCCA tourney this year but the 3 best players are seniors ! Unless they use the waiver to come back? Do not see much talent.
No expectations for next year with those 3 gone. Need a reset with a new coach. Curry not remotely competitive vs top teams in SEC. And the recruiting is not going to get them there.
Are they better? Yes. But 7 years is enough.

No expectations for next year with those 3 gone. Need a reset with a new coach. Curry not remotely competitive vs top teams in SEC. And the recruiting is not going to get them there.
Not remotely competitive? That's a little harsh. It was a 7 point game with 5 minutes left tonight against the #2 team in the country. The A & M game last week was a 1 possession game with a minute left.

I was looking at 2021 recruiting in girls hoops and state of Alabama has 3 top 100 recruits and they all left the state 2 to Tenn cold and one to Middle Tenn State.
they did end up with 1 top 100 recruit a four star out of Florida.

Reactions: bet9
Not remotely competitive? That's a little harsh. It was a 7 point game with 5 minutes left tonight against the #2 team in the country. The A & M game last week was a 1 possession game with a minute left.
Looks like Ole Miss has made a great hire in one of the Mississippi legendary High school coaches.

No expectations ever with this coach. People need to see the underlying issues. Non existent recruiting in the state of Alabama. No relationships with the coaches. 1 decent year in 7 years. We messed up not hiring GA coach, most in the close circle know this. They would also like to see her pursued next.

Reactions: winin11
Why can’t she ever win a game like this? Tired of the excuses

Expecting them to keep up the rear of SEC standings. Lot JC players that don’t or can’t play! I don’t understand that. Also very limited athletically on the perimeter.

South Carolina ran the same inbounds play several times for buckets. No adjustments.

And got blown out by SC twice, blown out by Kentucky, blown out by Tennessee. Went 0-8 against the top 6 teams in the SEC.
Were down 27 in 2nd quarter tonight. And only made a very late run against the Aggies to make it look better than it really was.
Yep- not competitive against the top teams.
Oh- also blown out at Arkansas. Bama can and should do better than Curry.
Not to mention the almost non existent recruiting in the state of Alabama.

Christy Curry probably will not be let go this year because she made the ncaa tourney, unless Greg Byrne is thinking like some of us . Why waste next year, let’s go ahead and get things rolling with a new coach for the ladies and if our ADs pick is remotely as good as the pick he made for men’s basketbal, they will be something to be proud of sooner rather than never.

Christy Curry probably will not be let go this year because she made the ncaa tourney, unless Greg Byrne is thinking like some of us . Why waste next year, let’s go ahead and get things rolling with a new coach for the ladies and if our ADs pick is remotely as good as the pick he made for men’s basketbal, they will be something to be proud of sooner rather than never.
Needs to go lock up Joni. Well respected in the state and program. We fighting a losing battle with what we have right now in the long term

Reactions: winin11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT