ADVERTISEMENT

For Harper or anyone with good information

BBALLSTAN

All Conference
Aug 15, 2006
Since its been a few days, is there anymore roster movement? Since the new has worn off, what are
Primos chances of staying in the draft? Any more player gossip about transfers or NBA?

Primo will be back and well as Shack. You wont see much roster movement as the coaches wait to see if the 14 scholarship rule takes effect.

Then the problem becomes someone has to go, and I'd prefer not to be pushing people out mid summer or whenever it is

Primo's game nowhere near ready for the NBA yet, but if it's a financial issue I'm sure he could play and be a rock star overseas somewhere. He had moments where he kept us in games and then would just disappear for several games in a row. I expect him to really excel with another year in the Oats system. Agree with Wigs he and Shack will be back, just not ready for that type of jump. I will pull for both of them either way, but fully expect them to be in Ttown at least another year. This is the first I've heard of an NCAA approved agent too, but sounds like there are some agencies that must follow very specific rules to not jeapordize a players eligibility.

Primo's game nowhere near ready for the NBA yet, but if it's a financial issue I'm sure he could play and be a rock star overseas somewhere. He had moments where he kept us in games and then would just disappear for several games in a row. I expect him to really excel with another year in the Oats system. Agree with Wigs he and Shack will be back, just not ready for that type of jump. I will pull for both of them either way, but fully expect them to be in Ttown at least another year. This is the first I've heard of an NCAA approved agent too, but sounds like there are some agencies that must follow very specific rules to not jeapordize a players eligibility.
Agreed. I do think Primo has the measurables to be an NBA player at some point. Shack does not. He'll have a really good career overseas and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Primo will be back barring a team in the latter half of the first round giving him a deal to draft him if he stays in. Shack will 100% be back.

What people fail to realize on Primo is he is only 18. A very good team could promise him a deal late in the 1st to take him before he could blow up next season. A late first is basically a second round pick so you’re taking a low risk gamble on a 6’6 18 year old spot up shooter that you may have to develop, but if he transforms into a lottery pick then you got an absolute steal.

ADVERTISEMENT