ADVERTISEMENT

For Those Still Worrying About Grant Nelson

Who was it that said there was no way Alabama could compete with Arkansas nil package.?
I think Grant has his eye on a bigger picture. He’s more interested in getting to the 1st round than temporary NIL money. He just believes he can have more opportunity to “shine” , and reach his goal at Alabama. If this works out it is just another rocket in Nate Oats pocket to show recruits how many guys he has not only put in the league, but 1st round$$$$$$$$$.

Now we really need a point guard. I wish JQ had not gotten pissed off.
I could be wrong but unless Grant Nelson moves to play center we need a back up center more. We still have options at point guard.

That's good news. Next year is the 1st time in over 20 years we'll see that then.
It was probably around 1999 or 2000

If Nelson does move to play center with his average points per game & average rebounds plus he will draw a lot of fouls and shoots well at the line. I think we will be a better at center than the last two years. Hopefully our system will allow him to roam the paint.

There's been a few rumors out that JQ split in part because he found out how much NIL Nelson was going to get. If so then he better be worth losing what would have been a veteran pg with 5 years experience. He was frustrating when he would force layups in a hero ball mode but when he was in the right place there weren't many guards that could keep up with him.

That being said, if Nelson can get to the FT line and make 70% or better he will offset the 6 to 10 points a game Bediako missed out on by not making them. Playing for Bama does something to a post player causing them to forget how to make free throws so I'm not expecting this to end up happening.

There's been a few rumors out that JQ split in part because he found out how much NIL Nelson was going to get. If so then he better be worth losing what would have been a veteran pg with 5 years experience. He was frustrating when he would force layups in a hero ball mode but when he was in the right place there weren't many guards that could keep up with him.

That being said, if Nelson can get to the FT line and make 70% or better he will offset the 6 to 10 points a game Bediako missed out on by not making them. Playing for Bama does something to a post player causing them to forget how to make

That being said, if Nelson can get to the FT line and make 70% or better he will offset the 6 to 10 points a game Bediako missed out on by not making them. Playing for Bama does something to a post player causing them to forget how to make free throws so I'm not expecting this to end up happening.
The NBA wasn’t interested in JQ. We as a fan base is about all the praise JQ gets. If he could control his hero inspired play we may have been playing in the elite 8. Grant may have the chance to play in the NBA where JQ wouldn’t. There is a difference if he is upset.

Who was it that said there was no way Alabama could compete with Arkansas nil package.?
If Arkansas “ really wanted” to outbid Alabama they would have absolutely no issue doing so.

There are no Wal Marts, Tyson Foods, JB Hunt, Stephens Brokerage or Jerry Jones any where around Tuscaloosa.

Nelson has other motives separate from a one year NIL deal. Bama loses if it is only about money with the Hogs involved.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: bet9 and JMusso72
If Arkansas “ really wanted” to outbid Alabama they would have absolutely no issue doing so.

There are no Wal Marts, Tyson Foods, JB Hunt, Stephens Brokerage or Jerry Jones any where around Tuscaloosa.

Nelson has other motives separate from a one year NIL deal. Bama loses if it is only about money with the Hogs involved.
They have had a really good year $$$$ buying a lot of players. Maybe they are being cautious on how much they have spent due to drawing red flags to their program. You know TAM had to back off their NIL spending this year after being call out in 2021 recruiting class. We are still waiting to see if congress does anything to fix this problem. Not, that I’m holding my breath.

🙄🙄🙄🙄
I felt pretty good when Miller & Sears went to the line. But, it still amazes me how a player can’t make 75 percent at the line. They have all the time to develop that simple shot to where it’s just muscle memory. If they have any drive at all they could spend 2 hours a day developing that shot. It’s like a heavy weight fighter having to shed 40 lbs before a fight. Archy Moore fought into his 50’s. The reason that he could do this is he never got out of shape. It’s called having a drive to be the best. Miller was known to be on the floor shooting 2 hours before a game. Why? Because he had the drive to be the best.Nick Saban developing players is that he demands his players to buy into being the best that they can be. He is honest with pro scouts in that if a player is lazy he reports them as lazy. If you have a player on your team that is consistent then you have the opportunity to copy what they are doing at the line.if he dribbles once and shoots at the line then maybe should stop all your extra dribbling and one handed cute shit you did in high school.

I felt pretty good when Miller & Sears went to the line. But, it still amazes me how a player can’t make 75 percent at the line. They have all the time to develop that simple shot to where it’s just muscle memory. If they have any drive at all they could spend 2 hours a day developing that shot. It’s like a heavy weight fighter having to shed 40 lbs before a fight. Archy Moore fought into his 50’s. The reason that he could do this is he never got out of shape. It’s called having a drive to be the best. Miller was known to be on the floor shooting 2 hours before a game. Why? Because he had the drive to be the best.Nick Saban developing players is that he demands his players to buy into being the best that they can be. He is honest with pro scouts in that if a player is lazy he reports them as lazy. If you have a player on your team that is consistent then you have the opportunity to copy what they are doing at the line.if he dribbles once and shoots at the line then maybe should stop all your extra dribbling and one handed cute shit you did in high school.

MJ was MVP in 98 with a 78% free throw % and no one has ever questioned his drive or effort. It's harder than you think

You still thought he was going to Arkansas

No doubt Nelson got a sweet NIL deal from Bama. Which is good. As far as him starting at Center as things stand now that is silly. That would leave a barely 18 year old kid as our only PF. Of course Nelson will be forced to play some Center unless we find another Center out of the Portal. Pringle can't play the 4 spot and he certainly needs a good backup at the 5 since he is prone to foul trouble.

As l have already said we need another big man and a point guard.

MJ was MVP in 98 with a 78% free throw % and no one has ever questioned his drive or effort. It's harder than you think
I respectfully disagree. In golf & in kicking you work on the mechanics of the shot until it’s muscle memory. It’s the guys that have the sand to go out there and practice the same thing over & over. At least in kicking you have variables that can effect the shot. At the line In basketball your not under the gun to get the ball off before it’s blocked, a bad placement by the holder, or a bad snap. You stand at the line and shoot when you are ready. No excuse for 60% shooting. I say again that Miller& Sears won a lot of close games this year because of their consistency at the line. Winning or losing this year is going to be even more important to make these shots from the line.

I respectfully disagree. In golf & in kicking you work on the mechanics of the shot until it’s muscle memory. It’s the guys that have the sand to go out there and practice the same thing over & over. At least in kicking you have variables that can effect the shot. At the line In basketball your not under the gun to get the ball off before it’s blocked, a bad placement by the holder, or a bad snap. You stand at the line and shoot when you are ready. No excuse for 60% shooting. I say again that Miller& Sears won a lot of close games this year because of their consistency at the line. Winning or losing this year is going to be even more important to make these shots from the line.
l will say however that a lot of those close games that Miller and Sears helped us win was clutch free throw shooting might not have been that close had it not been for the play of Bediako on defense. l totally agree Charles free throw shooting needed to improve, but he was a big asset to last years team and l wish we had him back.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
No doubt Nelson got a sweet NIL deal from Bama. Which is good. As far as him starting at Center as things stand now that is silly. That would leave a barely 18 year old kid as our only PF. Of course Nelson will be forced to play some Center unless we find another Center out of the Portal. Pringle can't play the 4 spot and he certainly needs a good backup at the 5 since he is prone to foul trouble.

We had a pretty good team of freshman this year. To be ranked #1 seed going into March is pretty remarkable with a team that was playing high school the year before. I think we peaked a little to soon. We should be a team in progress this year as the season rolls along. Who know we could peak at the end of the season and make a run deep into the tournament. But, we have a good recruiting class coming in if Oats decides to play Grant at center.

Reactions: lainey2020
l will say however that a lot of those close games that Miller and Sears helped us win was clutch free throw shooting might not have been that close had it not been for the play of Bediako on defense. l totally agree Charles free throw shooting needed to improve, but he was a big asset to last years team and l wish we had him back.
Have you looked at Grants stats even on defense? I can assure you that even leaving out his 18 point average on offense we would be better on defense with him a center. Both in blocks & rebounding.

Reactions: bet9
We had a pretty good team of freshman this year. To be ranked #1 seed going into March is pretty remarkable with a team that was playing high school the year before. I think we peaked a little to soon. We should be a team in progress this year as the season rolls along. Who know we could peak at the end of the season and make a run deep into the tournament. But, we have a good recruiting class coming in if Oats decides to play Grant at center.
Good post. l hope this works out and l like our Freshman class. We do however have only 3 players that are Bigs. One is currently 17 years old and Pringle can't shoot from the outside and so he can certainly not play anything but Center. l like next years team, but l would feel alot better if we had another Big and a true Point Guard for depth.

Good post. l hope this works out and l like our Freshman class. We do however have only 3 players that are Bigs. One is currently 17 years old and Pringle can't shoot from the outside and so he can certainly not play anything but Center. l like next years team, but l would feel alot better if we had another Big and a true Point Guard for depth.
I agree!

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020

Lainey2020, I wouldn't get too hung up on a kid being 18-years-old, we have had other players straight outta high school who were game ready.

Good post. l hope this works out and l like our Freshman class. We do however have only 3 players that are Bigs. One is currently 17 years old and Pringle can't shoot from the outside and so he can certainly not play anything but Center. l like next years team, but l would feel alot better if we had another Big and a true Point Guard
Lainey2020, I wouldn't get too hung up on a kid being 18-years-old, we have had other players straight outta high school who were game ready.
Yea if you take away all the freshman from last years team we wouldn’t have had a team. They did OK

Reactions: lainey2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT