ADVERTISEMENT

Game #1

coastalbarry

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2008
This is hands down the best basketball team we have had in a VERY long time and I am so excited to see our first game. So I ask the board...what’s your thoughts?

Game #1 Jacksonville st :
Starting 5?
Leading scorer?
Game #1 MVP?

Starting 5- Quinerly, Shack, Petty, Herb, Bruner
Leading scorer- Shack
Game #1 MVP- Bruner

This is hands down the best basketball team we have had in a VERY long time and I am so excited to see our first game. So I ask the board...what’s your thoughts?

Game #1 Jacksonville st :
Starting 5?
Leading scorer?
Game #1 MVP?

Starting 5- Quinerly, Shack, Petty, Herb, Bruner
Leading scorer- Shack
Game #1 MVP- Bruner
I have the same starting 5. I'll go with Petty as leading scorer and Jones as MVP.
First 3 off the bench - Primo, Reese, and Ellis.

I know I’m debbie downer but I think Bruner will be a bit of a disappointment. I hope I’m wrong because we’ll need him to be good.
The difference Debbie (if I may) is Bruner is a basketball player and typically our post guys were just big athlete.
I don’t expect him to be a leading scorer but I bet he gets his 10-14 points a game and protects the rim and rebounds.

Reactions: Codie B
He’s had flashes, but overall just not impressed with his highlights. Seems a bit slow and clumsy in the paint. Again, I really hope I’m eating crow on this soon.
i have not been as high on him as the rest of the board. a little above avg ivy league player. davis fleming would have been around for 3 more years

hope we are both wrong

love this team over all though

Reactions: Sweetlou10
I love the optimism but we had that when we hired Grant and when he had his first good recruiting class, when we hired Johnson and when we hired Oats last year. I love Bama basketball but show me the money. We may very well be very good and I am excited about the season but I am not going to proclaim us "great" until I see some production against the better teams on our schedule. We still have some weaknesses and injuries to the wrong people may kill us. Plus chemistry plays such a huge role in basketball and we haven't had the opportunity to see if this team will gel yet. If it was just about having good players UNC would not have been 14-19 last year. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me three times. I am resisting being fooled again this year.

That said, I am ready to see Bama basketball among the elites of college basketball. I am ready to actually still be interested in college basketball come March.

Roll Tide!

Reactions: milso47 and Codie B
I love the optimism but we had that when we hired Grant and when he had his first good recruiting class, when we hired Johnson and when we hired Oats last year. I love Bama basketball but show me the money. We may very well be very good and I am excited about the season but I am not going to proclaim us "great" until I see some production against the better teams on our schedule. We still have some weaknesses and injuries to the wrong people may kill us. Plus chemistry plays such a huge role in basketball and we haven't had the opportunity to see if this team will gel yet. If it was just about having good players UNC would not have been 14-19 last year. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me three times. I am resisting being fooled again this year.

That said, I am ready to see Bama basketball among the elites of college basketball. I am ready to actually still be interested in college basketball come March.

Roll Tide!
Cautious optimism. We will know early on if this team is competitive and wins a couple in the Maui tournament. Early conference schedule is tough, as well. And.... Bruner did get 16 pts. and 9 rebounds against LSU in a Yale loss last year. Roll Tide !

Cautious optimism. We will know early on if this team is competitive and wins a couple in the Maui tournament. Early conference schedule is tough, as well. And.... Bruner did get 16 pts. and 9 rebounds against LSU in a Yale loss last year. Roll Tide !
True. Also played well against UNC. He had flashes. Hope we see more of that.

Reactions: grichards56

Roll Tide!
i am very optimistic about this season, but i totally undestand your concerns. good post with out being an a-hole about it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT