ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 2 Alabama at Oklahoma in the Big 12/SEC Challenge

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Who: No. 2 Alabama (18-2, 8-0 in the SEC) vs. Oklahoma (11-9, 2-6 in the Big 12)

When: 1 p.m. CT, Saturday, Jan. 28

Where: Lloyd Noble Center, Norman, Oklahoma

Watch: ESPN (play-by-play: Karl Ravech; analyst: Jimmy Dykes)

Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Oklahoma is on a 6-0 run over the last minute. The Sooners lead Alabama 13-6

Last edited:
Oklahoma 16, Alabama 10 | 11:58, H1

Alabama is shooting 3 of 14 (21%) from the floor and has made just one of its last 10 shots.

• Angry
Reactions: Codie B
Too much one one one again like the first half of the last game. I know it’s a big part of what we do offensively, but we need more movement off the ball.

Reactions: bet9 and jtr4dad
Oklahoma 24, Alabama 16 | 7:52, H1

Oklahoma is shooting 53% from the floor, including 5 of 6 from 3.

Alabama is shooting 29% from the floor and has missed all three of its 3-point attempts.

• Sad
We are making Groves look like a damn All American.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: bet9
Ugly ugly

Shooting extremely poorly
OU 5/6 from 3
OU won’t keep shooting this well, I don’t like the trend of getting down early but I think this team will pull it out again. OU isn’t a good team and have to come back down to earth sooner or later in this game.

Oklahoma 37, Alabama 26, 4:02, H1

Oklahoma is shooting 65% from the floor and has made its last nine shots.

Alabama is shooting 33% from the floor and is 2 of 7 from deep.

Clowney has 8 points while Mark Sears has 7 points for Alabama.

• Sad
Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Wake the **** up Bama! This shit is embarrassing! No defense against this sorry ass team! 50 points at half! Just go home, cause obvious yall dont GIVE A SHIT!

Reactions: jtr4dad and Codie B
I thought Bama would keep it close enough to pull it out when OU shooting comes back to earth, but this doesn’t look good.

Halftime: Oklahoma 50, Alabama 33

Oklahoma shot 68% from the floor. Grant Sherfield leads the Sooners with 18 points on 6 of 8 shooting.

Noah Clowney has 8 points and six rebounds for Alabama.

• Angry
Our real issue lately, is that, our outside shooting has disappeared. Plus, our defensive effort continues to decline. It is tough to win games with that combination.

Reactions: bet9
Oklahoma has scored less than 60 per game the last 3 games..............today they have 50 at the half! Miller is too damn big to let defenders body him up! Make the damn ref call a foul! Too much sagging on defense, hell by the time alabama has a defender up close, oklahoma is 8 ft. From the basket.

Reactions: cola68
Officiating has nothing to do with our effort
All this game is a bunch of players that have taken their opponent lightly, and playing zero defense !

Go under the effing screens… it’s moronic

Our team has allowed this cluster of an opponent to make 13/14 shots

None of us like to watch our team lose

I can’t handle the lack of intensity and desire to hustle and defend

Bama got away with it vs miss st

They’re going to be humbled today unfortunately

Our entire team looks like they’re moping around and don’t don’t want to be there. The lack of effort against a team that’s giving maximum effort is going to make this an ugly score if things don’t change drastically. We seem to need to be down by double digits to start trying here recently for some reason. We’re there and then some so maybe we’ll see some effort going forward.

The basketball season is a marathon. You have stretches of games like this some times. Not worried about a couple of average performances.
That's true. They better get this stuff fixed real quick. This half makes the state game look not so bad. The decline we've seen today is some weak, weak basketball.

Calm your ass down…

Dont comment on my post! You cant find one ****in post where i act like the internet police like you do! I concentrate on the team and the game! You sit in these chats thinking your big and bad and You add nothing of substance to these chats! You are a cancer in these chats! You've probably never picked up a basketball in your life!

The showing up excuse is stupid. When it was time to roll the balls out, we were competing. Didn’t matter if it was at my friends house and we were 11, we were fussing, fighting, killing each other trying to win. That’s the most lame excuse ever.

ADVERTISEMENT