ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 6 Alabama at Mississippi State

Who would have guessed? Another slow start for Alabama

Alabama trails Mississippi 6-5 heading into the first media timeout. The Crimson Tide starts the game 2 of 11 from the floor and 1 of 5 from deep and hasn't scored in the last 3:30

Not sure why Herb feels the need to jump out and commit one or two STUPID fouls every game. He is much to valuable to get in foul trouble and take himself out of the game.

Who would have guessed? Another slow start for Alabama

Alabama trails Mississippi 6-5 heading into the first media timeout. The Crimson Tide starts the game 2 of 11 from the floor and 1 of 5 from deep and hasn't scored in the last 3:30
Yea we gotta get it figured out! The tournament is unforgiving on this stuff. George Mason starts out hot and we start like this and your tourney life is on the line 5 minutes into a game

I think they all forgot how to hit a basket. Many good looks, refs are letting them play and they can’t hit anything. Luckily Miss State not hitting much either.

It’s frustrating bc we’ve all seen what this team is capable of during the first 8 league games. Since then we have been in a funk. We have found ways to win a lot of games which is awesome but we aren’t going deep playing like this and I think we all know that. I fear we just peaked too soon

Reactions: xcop
I love Gary! I wish he had better size but he is our most effective “big.” Gets after it, great at positioning himself for rebounds on both ends, and athletic enough to run the floor and make big plays. He has brain farts sometimes but name someone who doesn’t

Alabama is on a 15-1 run over the last 5:14. The Tide leads Mississippi State 20-9 with 7:11 left in the half.

Jahvon Quinerly leads the Tide with 8 points, while Herbert Jones has a team-high six rebounds already.

Reactions: StablerCountry
I guess getting set to draw a charge is not a thing in this game.

Herb has to hit hit the shots at the basket. He’s so out of control down there.

Halftime: Alabama 34, Mississippi State 21

After a slow start, the Tide is shooting 40 percent from the floor and 42 percent (5 of 12) from deep. Jahvon Quinerly has a game-high 15 points.

Reactions: StablerCountry
Herbs offense is a nightmare right now but I’m pretty sure he’s already got 10 boards

JQ put the 1st half on his shoulders and has produced. Bama looking like they are getting into a rythmn.

Apparently State didn’t get the memo that you are supposed to flop on the ground after shooting against us. But there is no Doug Shows to help them

• Wow
Reactions: heny and xcop
Once again, our opponent's best play is a shot, a miss, an offensive rebound and an easy bucket. Why can't we ever seem to get a rebound??

ADVERTISEMENT