All American
Staff
Jul 30, 2022
Ole Miss at No. 7 Alabama (-12.5)
TV: SEC Network
Radio: Crimson Tide Sports Network
Tip-off time: 8 p.m.

Reactions: Codie B
Charles Bediako is straight dominating so far. He has 2 points, two blocks and a rebound in the first three minutes.

Ole Miss 8, Alabama 7 | 13:57, H1

It's been an ugly start as Alabama is shooting 3 of 10 from the floor while Ole Miss is 3 of 11.

It’s nice knowing we have a chance to win every game and even better knowing we are the best team on the court a lot of games.
Now if the rain will chill so my dish will work.

Also nice to have the best player in the court on our side….
Gurley just got some points from me. He was at the table to sub in and we were on D. He was down in a defensive stance and coaching waiting to come in. That’s winning.

Halftime: Alabama 44, Ole Miss 23

— Alabama ends the half on a 9-0 run
— Ole Miss hasn't scored in 3:22 and has made just one of its last eight shots
— Mark Sears leads Alabama with 9 points

Have to really like that 1st half. We did a great job improving on the turnovers, and shot the ball really well. We looked like a well oiled machine.

Pringle is going to take someone’s minutes. Athletic
He’s earned some the last couple games. But there’s just not a lot of minutes out there. But it sure does help the entire team when people are chasing minutes. Gurley knows he has to clean up some things or Pringle could get his.

They sure look good tonight. I agree this is the best JQ has looked this season. Hope he keeps it up. He had to be getting frustrated.
Love when our other sports play well. Makes the end of football season more bearable.

They sure look good tonight. I agree this is the best JQ has looked this season. Hope he keeps it up. He had to be getting frustrated.
Love when our other sports play well. Makes the end of football season more bearable.

Some of us looking good tonight is that we are just better than them and our guys are just better. That always helps a great deal with turnovers and efficiency and such.
We’ve actually ran a few good sets tonight and got good shots out of them. And we are getting good shots period. It’s like we’ve played in a varsity game with a lot of our previous opponents and tonight we are stepping back down and playing a jr high game.

Alabama 60, Ole Miss 38 | 11:52, H2

Jaden Bradley (7), Jahvon Quinerly (5) and Brandon Miller (4) have all of Alabama's second-half points.

Is Ole Miss a great offensive rebounding team? Seems like we’ve given up as many tonight as we have all year.

According to the graphic they just put up, we’ve only shot 14 threes halfway through the 2nd half. But we’ve shot them at a 50% clip.

Charles has his moments but man he has times where tall is all he is. What little he jumps is so slow.

Final: No. 7 Alabama 84, Ole Miss 62

Alabama (12-2, 2-0 in the SEC) will host Kentucky on Saturday at noon.

Do we have to much depth?? rhetorical but players do have a hard time getting in a groove

Bediako needs to work on playing better low post defense without fouling.
Bediako needs to work on finishing at the rim. Bradley gave Bediako many looks at the rim but unfortunately he struggles to finish. I would like Pringle to get Bediako minutes

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Bediako needs to work on finishing at the rim. Bradley gave Bediako many looks at the rim but unfortunately he struggles to finish. I would like Pringle to get Bediako minutes
I agree. Bediako should be tearing the rim down at 7ft, but he doesn't have good hands and often mishandles easy passes. He has zero low-post moves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT