ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: No. 8 Alabama vs. No. 1 Houston

Alabama 9, Houston 4 | 15:22, H1

Alabama is winning the rebounding battle 7-3 so far.

This is a great game for us regardless. Great atmosphere. Team that is fast, physical, relentless…this is just a great deal. It’s obvious early in this game how much better we rebound the ball than last year. I remember thinking when they shot the ball last year they would get at least one off rebound every possession.
Brandon Miller is a dog…he’s not scared and he’s obviously a leader.
If nothing else today, hopefully we can learn how to get the ball INBOUNDS!!!!

Reactions: bet9
Who would have thought? JQ comes in and turns it over immediately. Then Clowney gets him one right after. With this roster, the longer a player has been at Bama, the more they turn it over.

Jahvon Quinerly, Jaden Bradley and Noah Gurley are the first three players off the bench this afternoon. They replace Mark Sears, Charles Bediako and Nimari Burnett.

We have to take care of the ball better than this. Houston is going to get away with fouling, they always do whether home or away, you have to be smarter with the ball. The unforced ones are going to hurt Bama.

Then JQ gets a lane violation on a made free throw when he was one of the guys outside the paint. So stupid.

• Angry
Reactions: Codie B
Nate Oats should be ashamed that we can’t get the ball inbounds.

Bama playing Houston with equal tough and physical play. Bringing some defense of their own. Three’s will be huge in this game. If Miller could get a hot streak going.

Alabama 11, Houston 6 | 11:54, H1

Houston has made just one of its last nine shots, but Alabama's seven turnovers have prevented the Crimson Tide from extending its lead.

Hell. you let them play through it. You can't just take players out when they make a mistake, at some point you won't have anyone to put in the game. Houston is playing football out there and the refs are letting them.
They can come sit down and go back in and play through it later after they watch a couple minutes. The bench can fix stupid sometimes.

They can come sit down and go back in and play through it later after they watch a couple minutes. The bench can fix stupid sometimes.
Or you could ruin their confidence and have them second guessing themselves instead of playing their game. It's not like they are the only ones out there committing turnovers, the whole team is.

Or you could ruin their confidence and have them second guessing themselves instead of playing their game.
Playing their game is useless if it’s killing the team. Just like I said, JQ out and we will score and we did.

Houston is constantly bumping the ball handlers and nothing is getting called.

Also Brandon Miller is trying to do way too much… playing guys 1v1 is not his game.

Make that 10 turnovers in 23 possessions for Alabama. It still leads 14-12 with 7:52 in the half.

• Love
Playing their game is useless if it’s killing the team. Just like I said, JQ out and we will score and we did.
Really went out on a limb there. I am going to go out on a limb and say Bama will score while he's in the game. I'll let you know when it happens :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: jtr4dad and bet9
Really went out on a limb there. I am going to go out on a limb and say Bama will score while he's in the game. I'll let you know when it happens :cool:
Not if we can’t get a shot because he’s driving into trouble where he can’t shoot or pass. We scored on the first possession he was out bc we actually got a shot up. Im all for him but he can't around all he wants and just drive into the middle of tons of traffic against this group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT