ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Byrne ...... I don't know if anyone has posted this but

winin11

All American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2011
This board and Bama owes him for finding and deciding on Nate Oats. For one I am extremely pleased with our basketball coach and proud of the quality pick by our AD.
In addition, please keep Nate and his family in your prayers for getting over the virus and getting back to elevating all the athletic teams on campus.

Roll Tide Greg Byrne and thanks for a job well done.

I agree but he has to prove he can win now. He is no better off than Grant or Avery was at this point.

Avery recruited well too. Now I want results. Oats is doing fantastic so far though and I love him!

I agree but he has to prove he can win now. He is no better off than Grant or Avery was at this point.

Avery recruited well too. Now I want results. Oats is doing fantastic so far though and I love him!
The first thought that comes to mind is the quality depth on our bench to start the 2020 season. CNO could go 10 deep, Grant and Johnson could never have done that. There were players on our bench that were liabilities on either defense or offense when we got someone in foul trouble or needed a breather.
Secondly those past coaches usually relied on 1 or 2 players to carry the brunt of the scoring. That will not be the case this year or at least the next few years.
Third and last, CNO is the first coach to say what system he was going to run and why and backed it up with the play on the court in that system.
I have to disagree with your statement that Oats is no better off than Grant or Avery were at this point, but we will see my friend.

I already like what I see on the court offensively and we are looking for shots. With Grant it was Dribble around try to find someone who has permission to shoot and finally pass it. Usually, the other teams were pushing us out to around Mid-court and we turning the ball over. Avery really only had one good class like Milso said and didn't get the horses. Oats has us taking the ball to hole.

Reactions: winin11
ADVERTISEMENT