ADVERTISEMENT

How did they mess it up so badly?

Idk, I have an opinion that differs from the murder distraction opinion but it's a secret I keep inside.

Good teams lose every year. There's no secret, they just got beat. The player of the year in college basketball and the tallest guy in the tournament lost in the first round to the shortest team in the tournament. There was no distraction or controversy, they just lost

It was disappointing but teams favored to go far rarely do seems like. That Duke team with Zion and Barrett come to mind when they should’ve lost to UCF second round and then lost next round.

Reactions: Codie B and xcop
Miller isn't the second coming of Kobe Bryant. I don't know why people are so upset about a summer league game and a team with no good guards. He'll have a good career in the NBA.
The thing that separates Kobe Bryant & Micheal Jorden from the rest is the drive to be the best. It’s the extra time spent working above and beyond the normal practice of other players. I think Miller has demonstrated this same drive. I expect him to rise to the competition of the NBA just as he did to the college game.

The thing that separates Kobe Bryant & Micheal Jorden from the rest is the drive to be the best. It’s the extra time spent working above and beyond the normal practice of other players. I think Miller has demonstrated this same drive. I expect him to rise to the competition of the NBA just as he did to the college game.
No. He isn't close as far as skill set or drive to be close to either of those players.

not to mention god given ability.

not to mention god given ability
Every player in the NBA has God given ability including Miller. But, watch the documentary’s on Koby & Jorden and what separates them to rise above. I believe Miller has the God given ability, but he also has the drive given the right circumstances to be one of the best players in the NBA.

One thing l will agree to is last years team was very talented. Lot of times those type teams still get beat in a 64 team tournament. Time for me to move on to next years team and although it will be less talented overall we can still have a good season and who knows what might happen in the Big Dance if we get there.

Reactions: Codie B
One thing l will agree to is last years team was very talented. Lot of times those type teams still get beat in a 64 team tournament. Time for me to move on to next years team and although it will be less talented overall we can still have a good season and who knows what might happen in the Big Dance if we get there.
It will be interesting to see without JQ. Sometimes I felt that he shot us out of games. Don't get me wrong when he was on he was unstoppable, but with he wasn't he tended to be black hole on the offensive end and would drive into traffic with poor shot selection. It iwll be interesting with Sears and Estrada and others in the back court.

Makes me sick to see Brandon Miller play in the NBA. To know that guy wore crimson last year and the sweet 16 was the best that team could do. Hard to imagine seeing a more talented team in T-town in the near future.
You must not watch much basketball. What has Calipari done with all that talent he stockpiles year after year? What happened to all the top teams this year? Only one team each year can win it all. What I'm thrilled about is having a talented coach who gives a damn and wants to build on success every year and not just rest on a single season like Gottfried did. I'll take Sweet Sixteens any time over bloat and no post seasons. Like we suffered for years.

Reactions: lainey2020
Makes me sick to see Brandon Miller play in the NBA. To know that guy wore crimson last year and the sweet 16 was the best that team could do. Hard to imagine seeing a more talented team in T-town in the near future.
There’s probably 10 to 12 teams that can win the tournament every year. I think that we can all agree that, unfortunately, there were a LOT of distractions for this team!! Let’s not forget that this team was a very young, but talented team. Ask a Kentucky fan how well that works out!!

Reactions: lainey2020
Some have said we peaked to soon. Others say that peaking to soon is a misconception . But what ever the answer to that argument is I believe teams have hot & cold spells at shooting. That is the reason high seeded teams get eliminated and low rated teams sometimes make the finals.

You must not watch much basketball. What has Calipari done with all that talent he stockpiles year after year? What happened to all the top teams this year? Only one team each year can win it all. What I'm thrilled about is having a talented coach who gives a damn and wants to build on success every year and not just rest on a single season like Gottfried did. I'll take Sweet Sixteens any time over bloat and no post seasons. Like we suffered for years.
I agree that Oats is doing exactly what I hoped he would do. Make the tournament and put a sweet 16 caliber team on the floor a high percentage of the time. It's just going to be so hard to put a better team on the floor than what we had last season. Even with their youth Miller, Clowney, and Bradley were better than any 4 players he has brought in this off season.

Nate Oats is making history with what he has accomplished, kind of funny some want to gripe about a program that has his team finishing 4th in the country and his team this year will be fun to watch and I bet they make the dance and may make some noise.

Nate Oats is making history with what he has accomplished, kind of funny some want to gripe about a program that has his team finishing 4th in the country and his team this year will be fun to watch and I bet they make the dance and may make some noise.
He has sure increased the fan base. I believe he will get better as he ages. He will learn just as every coach. I believe for example as he ages calling timeouts at critical times during a game. Mixing up the tempo of the speed of the game will beat some teams that like to play balls to the wall. Keeping him here at Alabama as he learns and ages will be critical in winning our 1st national championship. After that all the dreams of financial support that basketball fans dream of will come true. Until then he has proven than he has the ability to rebuild after his team & coaches were ripped apart last season.

I agree that Oats is doing exactly what I hoped he would do. Make the tournament and put a sweet 16 caliber team on the floor a high percentage of the time. It's just going to be so hard to put a better team on the floor than what we had last season. Even with their youth Miller, Clowney, and Bradley were better than any 4 players he has brought in this off season.
I thought the same about the 2021 team, then 2 twos later low and behold they got better. The next 3 recruiting classes progressively get better and are loaded.

Reactions: winin11
I thought the same about the 2021 team, then 2 twos later low and behold they got better. The next 3 recruiting classes progressively get better and are loaded.
I think eventually the stars will line up and a possibly "less talented" team will make a final 4. But outside of that how can you get much better than dominating the SEC and winning games by 40-60 points?

Reactions: winin11 and Codie B
I think eventually the stars will line up and a possibly "less talented" team will make a final 4. But outside of that how can you get much better than dominating the SEC and winning games by 40-60 points?
The NCAA tournament is a total crap shoot. Looking at the teams in the Final 4 this year is a good example of that. It may suck to say, but all we can really hope for is a coach that puts the program in a position to be a true contender most years when the tournament comes around, like Wimp did in the 80’s and early 90’s. It is tough to make a comparison to back then, because college BB has changed so much on how you form a club. There is very little roster stability from one year to the next, so it is much tougher to develop players, or any kind of consistency. I agree with you, though, that I find it hard to believe we will ever be the #1 seed going into the NCAA tournament ever again. It has only happened this one time in our BB history, and we really have never been within 5 spots of that before. It was as good an opportunity to win it as we will, probably, ever have. I hope I am wrong, and very quickly. I always disagreed with the posters who said we couldn’t be a true contender in BB on a relatively consistent basis.

The NCAA tournament is a total crap shoot. Looking at the teams in the Final 4 this year is a good example of that. It may suck to say, but all we can really hope for is a coach that puts the program in a position to be a true contender most years when the tournament comes around, like Wimp did in the 80’s and early 90’s. It is tough to make a comparison to back then, because college BB has changed so much on how you form a club. There is very little roster stability from one year to the next, so it is much tougher to develop players, or any kind of consistency. I agree with you, though, that I find it hard to believe we will ever be the #1 seed going into the NCAA tournament ever again. It has only happened this one time in our BB history, and we really have never been within 5 spots of that before. It was as good an opportunity to win it as we will, probably, ever have. I hope I am wrong, and very quickly. I always disagreed with the posters who said we couldn’t be a true contender in BB on a relatively consistent basis.
We will see if we can consistently make it into the playoffs. You never know who’s going to catch on fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT