ADVERTISEMENT

HOW SWEET IT IS! Alabama rolls Maryland 96-77

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
You cannot complain one bit about how they played offensively. Defensively was shaky at times giving up open threes, but they could not match blow for blow that Alabama was giving. Alabama dominated the boards 39-19, mainly because Alabama didn't miss much all night and Alabama crashed the offensive glass out rebounding them offensively 15-4. It was just a fantastic game from start to finish for the Tide. Aaron Wiggins was fantastic for Maryland scoring 27 points and seemingly hitting every shot he took, but the Terps are not a deep team and could not keep up offensively. Jahvon Quinerly was my player of the game scoring a 14 point, 11 assist game. He was the floor general setting everyone up for open three point shots and he was knocking them down himself. It was great to have Joshua Primo back and he looked close to 100% healthy, kudos to the medical staff getting him ready. He hit two huge threes early when Maryland was building a 6 point lead and a highlight putback dunk that I'm not sure he even knew he could do. It would be a disservice to not mention John Petty coming back scoring 20 points on 4/9 shooting from 3. When he is making 3's and Shack, who finished with 21 on 5/8 from 3, Alabama is basically unguardable. Gary crashed the offensive glass, Reese hit 3 big time threes to blow the game open, and Herb only played 17 minutes. Just an incredible game to watch as the Tide finished 16/33 from 3, shot 53% overall, and 10/10 from the free throw line. Just an offensive clinic. ALABAMA IS MOVING ON TO THEIR FIRST SWEET 16 SINCE 2004.

Alabama will have a tough task facing a hot UCLA team who has 2-3 future NBA draft picks this weekend. They can score with Alabama, but they're not great defensively. This will be a fast paced game where Alabama will not mind playing. I'm just so dang excited for this team and program as they're taking them from the basement to new heights that havent been reached in decades. Roll Tide!

You cannot complain one bit about how they played offensively. Defensively was shaky at times giving up open threes, but they could not match blow for blow that Alabama was giving. Alabama dominated the boards 39-19, mainly because Alabama didn't miss much all night and Alabama crashed the offensive glass out rebounding them offensively 15-4. It was just a fantastic game from start to finish for the Tide. Aaron Wiggins was fantastic for Maryland scoring 27 points and seemingly hitting every shot he took, but the Terps are not a deep team and could not keep up offensively. Jahvon Quinerly was my player of the game scoring a 14 point, 11 assist game. He was the floor general setting everyone up for open three point shots and he was knocking them down himself. It was great to have Joshua Primo back and he looked close to 100% healthy, kudos to the medical staff getting him ready. He hit two huge threes early when Maryland was building a 6 point lead and a highlight putback dunk that I'm not sure he even knew he could do. It would be a disservice to not mention John Petty coming back scoring 20 points on 4/9 shooting from 3. When he is making 3's and Shack, who finished with 21 on 5/8 from 3, Alabama is basically unguardable. Gary crashed the offensive glass, Reese hit 3 big time threes to blow the game open, and Herb only played 17 minutes. Just an incredible game to watch as the Tide finished 16/33 from 3, shot 53% overall, and 10/10 from the free throw line. Just an offensive clinic. ALABAMA IS MOVING ON TO THEIR FIRST SWEET 16 SINCE 2004.

Alabama will have a tough task facing a hot UCLA team who has 2-3 future NBA draft picks this weekend. They can score with Alabama, but they're not great defensively. This will be a fast paced game where Alabama will not mind playing. I'm just so dang excited for this team and program as they're taking them from the basement to new heights that havent been reached in decades. Roll Tide!
Well side. This team is on a mission. RTR...

I got crushed a few weeks back by some for saying winning one game or just making the tournament should be considered somewhat disappointing. The reason why i thought it would be a disappointment is because of our balance on offense and our ability to defend! Plus half of success is just taking advantage of opportunities given and this team has done that! And whether we keep going forward in this tournament or not Im sooooooooo excited with the future of this program! ROLL TIDE #TeardownColeman #Ifyoubuildittheywillcome 🤣🧐 #ChampionSchool

Great summation Harp and what a fun win that was. Quinerly has become absolutely dominant and impossible to guard with one (and sometimes two) guys. We did all of this with Herb in foul trouble and not doing much at all. Kudos to Shack as our leading and most consistent scorer. Keep shooting Shack. Everyone was happy to see Petty break out of his slump. I've felt like he's the X factor, that if he can get locked in we can beat anyone. Maryland shot 50% and we still dominated them. Reese has had an awesome tournament, looking like a confident senior and major contributor. Gary getting offensive boards at a high clip. Primo and the bionic knee doing reverse dunks. Keon Ellis with some early defensive magic and he plays under control, great driving to the hoop. This team is deep and confident. ROLL TIDE

I got crushed a few weeks back by some for saying winning one game or just making the tournament should be considered somewhat disappointing. The reason why i thought it would be a disappointment is because of our balance on offense and our ability to defend! Plus half of success is just taking advantage of opportunities given and this team has done that! And whether we keep going forward in this tournament or not Im sooooooooo excited with the future of this program! ROLL TIDE #TeardownColeman #Ifyoubuildittheywillcome 🤣🧐 #ChampionSchool
There’s always been that attitude from some. They’d pump sunshine under previous coaches even though it was obvious we were never going anywhere.

Reactions: jmillerbama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT