ADVERTISEMENT

How to watch: Alabama basketball vs. Clemson in Holiday Hoopsgiving

Been watching college basketball much longer than you have been alive. 3-22 from 3 and out rebounded 38-24. One point in final 6:10. Newsflash- they lost. Again- you are delusional. LMAO. Wrong as usual.
They lost. And lived and died by the 3. And still almost won until having to foul. You can think I'm delusional and say you've watched it longer because you're old. But if you don't grow up in areas known for it, work for the ncaa in basketball, or have been on an ncaa staff, why are you even arguing with me? Because you watch it? Cracking up right now

We need consistent play and in basketball the only way to do so is to consistently play. Not 1 game in 2 weeks versus one of the best teams in america

Every year we have a break for finals week. Sometimes its a week off and sometimes more if we had a holiday tournament. Coach has to be able to account for that.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
Shack needs to be a better version of Charvez Davis. Catch and shoot. He’s a volume scorer and tonight it hurt us. It has in the past. His shooting percentage isn’t very good, but would improve if he stopped trying to take it to the basket. Not his game at all.
I dont disagree with this. Hes also been stellar defensively this year compared to last year. Added some steals tonight as well

Every year we have a break for finals week. Sometimes its a week off and sometimes more if we had a holiday tournament. Coach has to be able to account for that.
Its the coaches fault the players went 3-25 from 3! Roast the coach! Smart man

Nobody has better wins in the entire country. Hard to play after 2 weeks off. On to the next one. Now to hear all you crybabies talk about we will never win another game
Man you gotta stop living in this fantasy world . We got out manned , out rebounded , out hustled , and out coached . We should NOT have lost this game . You gotta stop making excuses for these guys .

We need consistent play and in basketball the only way to do so is to consistently play. Not 1 game in 2 weeks versus one of the best teams in america
You have more excuses than an immature teenager. Now Clemson is one of the best teams in America? Newflash- Stanford went 0-2 after destroying Bama. You were wrong- what a joke.
Fans are going to be emotional- get your head out of your rear end.

Man you gotta stop living in this fantasy world . We got out manned , out rebounded , out hustled , and out coached . We should NOT have lost this game . You gotta stop making excuses for these guys .
We had a 67% chance of losing this game at tipoff. Please tell me how we should have won this game? We were in position to win, yes. But live and die by the 3 and don't hit the 3, what did you think would happen?

You have more excuses than an immature teenager. Now Clemson is one of the best teams in America? Newflash- Stanford went 0-2 after destroying Bama. You were wrong- what a joke.
Fans are going to be emotional- get your head out of your rear end.
Woah. We had a 67% chance of losing at tipoff. Clemson has the best resume in America and the top defense in America. And we havnt played in 2 weeks while not hitting 3s. Hinestly, what did you think would happen? Please explain statistically versus your emotions.

Auburn beat Memphis today after not playing for 8 days. Why didn't they lose?
Is 8 days less than 13 days? I'm not a statistician for a division 1 program or anything. I'm not good at math. Tie that to being a 3pt team and shooting under 15% and honestly what do you expect to get

Woah. We had a 67% chance of losing at tipoff. Clemson has the best resume in America and the top defense in America. And we havnt played in 2 weeks while not hitting 3s. Hinestly, what did you think would happen? Please explain statistically versus your emotions.

Is 8 days less than 13 days? I'm not a statistician for a division 1 program or anything. I'm not good at math. Tie that to being a 3pt team and shooting under 15% and honestly what do you expect to get

Obviously you aren't good at math because we had a 50% chance of winning "at tipoff"

I expect a team ready to play and execute, which we did not do. This was the worst offensive performance under Oats. No acceptable.

Reactions: jtr4dad
Obviously you aren't good at math because we had a 50% chance of winning "at tipoff"
False. We had a 67% chance. All those basketball games you "watch" apparently dont allow you to understand the interworkings of predictive analytics predicting the outcome of a game. Typically my models are right, which is why I work in sports.

I expect a team ready to play and execute, which we did not do. This was the worst offensive performance under Oats. No acceptable.
Well good job. We can't have a bad performance versus the best defensive team in America. Not acceptable lmao

I feel the guys/gals that want to find something to cheer about and want to hope for the best. Candidly, I agree in principle. It is still a long season and competitors need to compete and work to get better.

That being said, this Bama squad does not look as good as I think most of us had hoped. It’s nice to have a healthy Herb, and Quinerly has stepped into replace Kira admirably, but Kira was still a big loss and the new bigs have just been OK (maybe that is generous), which isn’t good enough for this team to take a big step forward.

Rebounding is a problem, and we are still getting outclassed from an athleticism standpoint inside by opposing bigs.

Let’s see where Clemson is at season’s end. I know the stats - you have an excuse laden and loser mentality. Maybe if Bama played with a little more emotion they would be better. Reality is- they are just not very good. And have not been for a very long time.
Stats are for losers- so enjoy your fascination with them. They mean very little.

False. We had a 67% chance. All those basketball games you "watch" apparently dont allow you to understand the interworkings of predictive analytics predicting the outcome of a game. Typically my models are right, which is why I work in sports.
No one on here cares about your ridiculous analytics. Or that you work in sports.

Season is still young and a long way to go. All we heard early in practice is how hard they were working on improving the defense and I think we have seen improvement. Offensively we look out of sorts, especially in half court. When we play under control and make the extra pass or two, looking for the open shooter, we are much more efficient and shoot at a higher level. Need more improvement there.

Having said that, without rebouding improvement, we will continue to struggle. Giving up double digit offensive rebounds is an almost sure loss.

No one on here cares about your ridiculous analytics. Or that you work in sports.

You can take a look at Major League Baseball as an example of why relying solely on numbers has back-fired on numerous occasions against using common sense.

They lost. And lived and died by the 3. And still almost won until having to foul. You can think I'm delusional and say you've watched it longer because you're old. But if you don't grow up in areas known for it, work for the ncaa in basketball, or have been on an ncaa staff, why are you even arguing with me? Because you watch it? Cracking up right now
You working for the NCAA or whatever you have done has NOTHING to do with your delusion and excuse making about Bama basketball. And I mean nothing. Born and grew up north of Chicago and spent 10 years living in Charlotte, NC. Why am I arguing with you? Because half the garbage and predictions you have posted on this basketball thread have turned out blatantly wrong. Put all of that in your analytical crack pipe. My eyeballs tell me all I need to know.

Reactions: Crimson_bloodbath
You working for the NCAA or whatever you have done has NOTHING to do with your delusion and excuse making about Bama basketball. And I mean nothing. Born and grew up north of Chicago and spent 10 years living in Charlotte, NC. Why am I arguing with you? Because half the garbage and predictions you have posted on this basketball thread have turned out blatantly wrong. Put all of that in your analytical crack pipe. My eyeballs tell me all I need to know.
Thats fine. And I dont work for UA athletics anymore line after getting my PhD. Say what you want. It doesn't matter. In the end we will have around 20 wins. And I dont believe we are a top team by any means.....yet

We had a 67% chance of losing this game at tipoff. Please tell me how we should have won this game? We were in position to win, yes. But live and die by the 3 and don't hit the 3, what did you think would happen?
We had like 6 3pt attempts in the first half .

You can take a look at Major League Baseball as an example of why relying solely on numbers has back-fired on numerous occasions against using common sense.
You can't rely on numbers. In the ends its not what it takes to win. But numbers tell you why we didn't win, and I'm not arguing that at all. Numbers also say 3 pt teams coming off 2 week breaks rarely perform well historically. Get my drift? I'm just saying we were not supposed to win although we were 1 pt favorites in Vegas. But thats just because people were taking clemson at such a rapid rate at -2.5 the night before.

Not seeing it on YouTube TV. Are you?
What a screw job. The app had the normal display leading up to tipoff but nope, and every streaming service wanted my CC# and I've done that before to watch a game. Cost me $49.99 to watch us lose lol before I could cancel the subscription. Actually glad I didn't see the game. Ugly af apparently. I listened to the radio but fell asleep early 2nd half. I was a victim of the confusion yesterday too so I'm sorry for posting something incorrect.

So we still didn't hit one?
A 3pt team that lives and dies by the 3 should be jacking up more than 6 threes in a half if that is our game . Couldn’t even get a shooter open in half-court . Half court sucks so bad that we settled for untimely drives to the bucket that was just terrifying to watch .

I’m going to go ahead and say it now , everyone remember ... we will NOT make the tourney this year . I got to try to lower expectations cause I always believe the hype every year with this team. Same song and dance .... year in and year out

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
A 3pt team that lives and dies by the 3 should be jacking up more than 6 threes in a half if that is our game . Couldn’t even get a shooter open in half-court . Half court sucks so bad that we settled for untimely drives to the bucket that was just terrifying to watch .

Spot on Crimson. If we are going to live and die by the 3, then shoot the shit out of it - make or miss. The first 30 minutes of the game we played to Clemson’s pace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT