ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting

HarrisonPatton3

All District
Jul 8, 2021
Was wondering if anyone keeps up heavily with HS recruiting on this site even if it’s not particularly Bama recruits. If so had some questions about two higher level recruits:

1. Bronny James. Ranked 29 and 54,per Rivals and 24/7 respectively.
He is a very intriguing prospect for obvious reasons (being an NBA greats son), but many disagree he should even be ranked as a high 4 star. He isn’t as physically impressive as his father but still displays how he is a highly athletic talent. Seems like every year I hear that this will be his break out year and although he continues to improve and plays very smart basketball, he has not broken out into a star I would say. I will say I am personally still a believer in the kid, not to be comparable to his father but to still be a great ball player just to his style of play. It is somewhat unknown on how he is being recruited and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts about him as a recruit? Seems like a great shooter, defender and leader. Not saying Alabama should recruit him, but just seems like what we’d look for in an ideal PG in our system (Smart ball handler who can defend and shoot the 3 ball).

2. Mikey Williams, ranked 15 and 12 per Rivals and 24/7, respectively.
In my eyes, it’s hard to say there are 11 players better than Mikey. Although size ( only 6’2 on recruiting sites) and defense are two areas he is lacking, he has a pro style of offense. His moves and scoring abilities seem so far advanced for a HS and have been since he was only a sophomore. I could see an argument against him in two areas however, first being his competition not being as great, but he plays well in the AAU circuit. Second, he is a high volume shooter I do believe, but most of the top level recruits were in HS I feel like. Mikey is another recruit like Bronny that I just do not hear any buzz for on the recruiting front and was wondering if anyone has any opinions to why that is.

I am by no means a guru for talent evaluation, but I’ve watched HS basketball for years and really like Bronny’s game and simply have enjoyed Mikey’s games cause he’s far superior offensively for the HS defenses. Interested to hear any opinions on the two players or any others that y’all may have. Also just wanted to get more talk on the basketball forum. Thanks to all that provide updates for bama transfer news and such. Roll Tide.

@mr4bama Does a pretty good job on this board. Go to Rivals home site and check out their college recruiting board.

Was wondering if anyone keeps up heavily with HS recruiting on this site even if it’s not particularly Bama recruits. If so had some questions about two higher level recruits:

He is a very intriguing prospect for obvious reasons (being an NBA greats son), but many disagree he should even be ranked as a high 4 star. He isn’t as physically impressive as his father but still displays how he is a highly athletic talent. Seems like every year I hear that this will be his break out year and although he continues to improve and plays very smart basketball, he has not broken out into a star I would say. I will say I am personally still a believer in the kid, not to be comparable to his father but to still be a great ball player just to his style of play. It is somewhat unknown on how he is being recruited and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts about him as a recruit? Seems like a great shooter, defender and leader. Not saying Alabama should recruit him, but just seems like what we’d look for in an ideal PG in our system (Smart ball handler who can defend and shoot the 3 ball).

In my eyes, it’s hard to say there are 11 players better than Mikey. Although size ( only 6’2 on recruiting sites) and defense are two areas he is lacking, he has a pro style of offense. His moves and scoring abilities seem so far advanced for a HS and have been since he was only a sophomore. I could see an argument against him in two areas however, first being his competition not being as great, but he plays well in the AAU circuit. Second, he is a high volume shooter I do believe, but most of the top level recruits were in HS I feel like. Mikey is another recruit like Bronny that I just do not hear any buzz for on the recruiting front and was wondering if anyone has any opinions to why that is.

I am by no means a guru for talent evaluation, but I’ve watched HS basketball for years and really like Bronny’s game and simply have enjoyed Mikey’s games cause he’s far superior offensively for the HS defenses. Interested to hear any opinions on the two players or any others that y’all may have. Also just wanted to get more talk on the basketball forum. Thanks to all that provide updates for bama transfer news and such. Roll Tide.
talent evaluation is a hard job. thats what separates coach saban from the rest. these two guys have a high ceiling and both could be in the nba one day.

Thanks for the post. l will be keeping an eye on this thread. Info from all appreciated.

Bronny will have a leg up bc Lebron will go play with him and get some others to come too. I’ll be shocked if Lebron doesn’t figure out a way to get Bronny to the NBA and skip college somehow. I wouldn’t want any kid of Lebrons. He’s gone downhill for me since he left Cleveland.

Reactions: bet9
Bronny will have a leg up bc Lebron will go play with him and get some others to come too. I’ll be shocked if Lebron doesn’t figure out a way to get Bronny to the NBA and skip college somehow. I wouldn’t want any kid of Lebrons. He’s gone downhill for me since he left Cleveland.
I probably wouldn’t sign up for the media circus that will be as a coach unless Bronny was a monster. I think he’s potentially a 6th man type talent

ADVERTISEMENT