ADVERTISEMENT

I am officially embarrassed of our basketball program.

hankvsjake

All American
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2008
I have never been embarrassed of a program at the U of A until now. If Mr. Grant is not relieved of his duties, it shows me that whomever pulls the strings could care less about the program as well. I used to love to go to watch Bama play. Now it is just an embarrassment. Without question, it starts at the top. If I under perform at my job for 6 months, much less 6 years, I am fired. Period, no questions asked. 6 years! Simply pondering on the decision to retain him completely baffles me. To whomever makes these decisions, it is a no brainer. I have a five year old that can make that decision. If Grant is retained, I would hope he would have enough dignity to simply step down. He has made us the laughing stock of the SEC in basketball. I saw a stat that said we were like 3 and 28 against top 25 teams. Are you kidding me? That means he has won 9.7% if those games. That is beyond pathetic. THIS IS THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. Not South Alabama, Not Troy, Not even UAB. Again it is THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA. One of the top two or three most prestigious universities in the United States. This is nothing to do with race, personality, etc. It is business...Period. This is not a personal attack against Mr. Grant. It is business. Mr. Battle or whomever. You were hired to conduct business in our athletic program. The least important intern in the athletic department can make this decision. Make a business decision just like the Collegiate Licensing Company that you built. Mr. Battle, when you built CLC and if an employee failed in their respective job 90% of the time, would you keep that employee for 6 years? If you did that, CLC would not exist today.

Most importantly, Mr. Battle. Please give us something in our basketball program to be proud of. I, for one, am not proud at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.