ADVERTISEMENT

I broke down 5 games worth of film on Washington Huskies: Here's what you need to know

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
I watched their games vs Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Utah, Colorado.

Offense:
-They are definitely pro-style. They mix in a LITTLE up tempo but not much.
-They like to run first, lots of zone runs.
-They have 3 decent backs. Only one has power #22 the others are small quick scat backs.
-They like to get it to #1 Ross quick in open space he's smallish but is their best and fastest player.
-#8 is their deep 1-on-1 guy. He's not that tall or big, about 6' 180 but he can get the ball
- OLine averages less than 300lbs but they have good technique.
-If Browning gets pressured he rushes and gets flustered and loses poise, if not he can sling it.

They can't push you around but they are well coached. They are small and I think we will force them to pass and abandon their run. If we do that and pin ears back and send rushers at Browning hell get tossed around. If we hit him early I don't think he has resiliency. They haven't seen nor can they come close to imitating the speed and power we have. However, if they're able to run it will give them the opportunity to mix it up and that's how they have won on offense. They run to set up the pass

Defense
-Their scheme is built for west coast teams.
-Their DTs are the biggest players on the team but they aren't movers or athletic. They are space eaters for the LBs to make plays.
-The LBs aren't the biggest or quickest but they are techinally sound and play their defense well. They don't play up on the line at all. They play about a yard farther back than normal.
-Their safeties are their best players they play deep zone and support the run when they need too. Their corners arent big or physical but try to play man because they have good safeties.

Their talent in the front seven is below average especially versus what weve seen in the SEC. They aren't physical to me but play the scheme very well.
Our receivers are much stronger and should push their DBs around. Our OLine will do the same with their front seven. They've struggled with dual threat QBs so Jalen should star. They haven't had to tackle as big RB like Bo, so he should have a field day.

-These guys are well coached and run a good scheme on both sides.

-They don't have the athletes we do, nowhere close. It's just another breed of people we have on our team.

-Alabama is Much bigger, faster, and stronger and I don't think Washingtons experienced anything close to the athletes and strength we have. SEC schools have a few of their own but I don't think I has any idea what they'll see. LSU, Auburn, TAMU, Ole Miss, UF, USC, UTjr have better athletes. JMO but their Lineman are on par with Vandy. Skill guys, a few notches above. They are disciplined and well coached. Also create alot of turnovers and don't turn it over

Our players are just thicker and have more muscle body wise, not to mention faster and more athletic combined with that. The teams we've played are too compared to Washington. It will be worse than Michigan State. If it isn't, Peterson is a MUCH better coach than Saban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.