ADVERTISEMENT

I have a dream!

JMusso72

All American
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2023
I have a dream where the receiver and defender both have equal chance at the ball. It is the receiver’s chance to catch the ball. While the defender has an equal chance of stopping him from making the catch without pass interference. How much more exciting would that make the game? How much would that take officials out of controlling the game.
Players safety is an important part to rule changes. But the NCAA has gone to far with targeting penalties. It’s hard to make a tackle. Some of these calls is bull shit. If it isn’t intentional contact of the helmet’s then there shouldn’t be a flag.
Finally but not least is the holding call. It is the responsibility for an offensive lineman to protect his QB. It is the responsibility of the blitzing defender to sack this QB are at least disrup the play. How the offensive lineman and the defender work this out shouldn’t be up to the officials. As long as their is no chop blocking their is nothing in the rule of holding penalties that protect players safety. That is my dream.

Reactions: rotorhead68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.