ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Answer from Saban

When Saban was asked what the biggest lesson he learned from this season, he said...

"The importance of keeping good relationships with your players especially in the current landscape of college football."
I caught that as well. It made me think that he feels that he and the staff need to spend more time connecting with players inside the building but outside of the sidelines. I think players are being negatively touched and impacted by external factors that disrupt or usurp everything that CNS has established as part of the process aka The Bama Factor.

I caught that as well. It made me think that he feels that he and the staff need to spend more time connecting with players inside the building but outside of the sidelines. I think players are being negatively touched and impacted by external factors that disrupt or usurp everything that CNS has established as part of the process aka The Bama Factor.
Maybe he is talking about getting them great NIL deals…

it's time for the players to put on some big boy pants and play some smash mouth football. if the players continue to need their hands held as mentioned...then the bama standard will slowly fade away into the sunset and saban can look at his one hand that still has a few fingers without a rings.

You have to recruit your current players as hard as the new class coming in

Seeing how many players from around the country have entered portal so far and I completely understand his response. Recruiting a player doesn’t stop once they start in the program. You have to keep recruiting them while they are playing along with recruiting high school kids

Seeing how many players from around the country have entered portal so far and I completely understand his response. Recruiting a player doesn’t stop once they start in the program. You have to keep recruiting them while they are playing along with recruiting high school kids
Very well stated!!

Reactions: bigfoot balls
Yeah. Bama is going to have to recruit and hire just a Portal evaluator if this keeps up year in and out.

Yeah. Bama is going to have to recruit and hire just a Portal evaluator if this keeps up year in and out.
We already have an army of analysts and staff. Just add a few dozen more dedicated to this. Half of them to creep on current players to see who's at risk of leaving and half to creep on players on other rosters that might be looking to move.

We already have an army of analysts and staff. Just add a few dozen more dedicated to this. Half of them to creep on current players to see who's at risk of leaving and half to creep on players on other rosters that might be looking to move.
Coach Sal is in charge of over seeing NIL business and the portal. That is why he is not an on the field coach.

Great points I never really thought of it like that but so true with the portal. :cool:
I think he realized that disciplining a player for his won best interest, or calling a player out or someone being in the doghouse for them to earn their way back may not happen like it used too. He has to keep peace or manage it differently now. I don't know how its done, but not the same has he did before

Yep/ it’s called NIL. And the ridiculous transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT