ADVERTISEMENT

Jarin Stevenson

l'm not trying to knock anybody, but l don't see how anybody can think Bediako not coming back is a good thing. Kid was a really tough defender and l thought did a great job at the 5 posistion for us last year. l'm damn glad Pringle is not going anywhere.
This ^^^. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, imop, losing Bediako does hurt, and was unexpected. We definitely could have used him next year. Sure, he has his flaws, and is certainly not Akeem Olajuwon(how many players are?), but he provided valuable services to the team that were not always seen in the stat sheet. I wish him the best, but for my selfish Bama BB reasons, I wish he would have returned.

Got to have the bulk to have presentation under the basket and still be about to run the floor in one of the fastest pace teams in the country. Not easy is a understatement. So, I agree.

Educate me
Reading comprehension is the understanding of the written word, the understanding of the content that is being read, and the construction of the meanings of the text.

Grammar is the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology and sometimes also phonology and semantics. Syntax is a particular analysis of the system and structure of language or of a specific language.

Yes, I looked it up since I wasn't exactly sure.

PS: Johnny "the Italian Stallion" Musso was my hero growing up.

Reactions: bet9
Reading comprehension is the understanding of the written word, the understanding of the content that is being read, and the construction of the meanings of the text.

Grammar is the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology and sometimes also phonology and semantics. Syntax is a particular analysis of the system and structure of language or of a specific language.

Yes, I looked it up since I wasn't exactly sure.

PS: Johnny "the Italian Stallion" Musso was my hero growing up.
If pure comprehension is understanding but not agreeing with the content being read then I agree. I need more of it.

Educate me
One does not need to use standard English grammar to write an understandable statement. In fact, writing found all over the web has piss poor grammar, but most readers understand the commentary. So, someone in the "grammar police" would be pedantic about proper English, which is a separate issue. Your critic was speaking about understandability. We don't have the phrase "comprehension police", but I guess we can coin it now.

One does not need to use standard English grammar to write an understandable statement. In fact, writing found all over the web has piss poor grammar, but most readers understand the commentary. So, someone in the "grammar police" would be pedantic about proper English, which is a separate issue. Your critic was speaking about understandability. We don't have the phrase "comprehension police", but I guess we can coin it now.
Thanks so much.

Just an observation over a very long period of time, 27 years of Bama websites and other website message boards, not a criticism. Websites need clicks to be successful and sometimes they plant one or more provocateurs to increase clicks when there is not enough substance in the news. Then, when substance rises again, the provocateur takes a break sometimes, only to rise again when a lull happens again. We are in a substance lull right now on this board, relatively speaking.

l'm not trying to knock anybody, but l don't see how anybody can think Bediako not coming back is a good thing. Kid was a really tough defender and l thought did a great job at the 5 posistion for us last year. l'm damn glad Pringle is not going anywhere.
Only those who have zero comprehension of basketball would think that. And a few on here qualify.

Reactions: xcop
Just an observation over a very long period of time, 27 years of Bama websites and other website message boards, not a criticism. Websites need clicks to be successful and sometimes they plant one or more provocateurs to increase clicks when there is not enough substance in the news. Then, when substance rises again, the provocateur takes a break sometimes, only to rise again when a lull happens again. We are in a substance lull right now on this board, relatively speaking.
Sounds like how Paul Finebaum got his start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT