ADVERTISEMENT

Jay G. Tate, from some worthless barner board, says that Bruce Pearl is the college basketball equivalent of (wait for it, wait.for.it)..........

Boy, I’d like to see that as well. I haven’t written anything even approaching that. Ever. Saban and Pearl have almost nothing in common aside from being elite recruiters.

FWIW, I spent a good 10 minutes with Mick G. the other day saying a whole lot of nice things about Saban, Nate Oats and JD Davison. I guess he hasn’t posted it yet?

Jay Tate is good people and can teach a class on quality bourbon 🥃

Well Bruce just got smoked by Gonzaga ! They might want to hold off on their admiration about that, how many national titles has Pearl had ??
Gonzaga is No. 1. Alabama would have a tough go of it with Gonzaga as well. This ain’t football.

Reactions: terp john
And you think Alabama football and basketball players that come from next to nothing are just lucky to end up with Chargers and Other nice rides.

He can recruit because he turned Auburn around with a bunch of 3-star players. He can recruit because he's good at it, not different than Saban being good a recruiting.

His biggest transgression was that he lied to the NCAA about a BBQ that would have been a minor violation had he just been honest. For all this stuff about agents, remember that Sexton was caught up in that thing as well.

I don't cast stones because I know there are no squeaky clean programs out there, definitely not at the big time college sports level.
I was kinda on your side until you start throwing shade at Bama recruiting. The car issue is pure BS. They can spend grant money on transportation and nothing illegal about it. Bruce is dirty as hell but he is an excellent coach. Saban works Inside of rules and finds the loopholes. Pearl just cheats and lies. Tax avoiding is not the same as tax evasion but dummies don’t know the difference. Dummy.

I was kinda on your side until you start throwing shade at Bama recruiting. The car issue is pure BS. They can spend grant money on transportation and nothing illegal about it. Bruce is dirty as hell but he is an excellent coach. Saban works Inside of rules and finds the loopholes. Pearl just cheats and lies. Tax avoiding is not the same as tax evasion but dummies don’t know the difference. Dummy.
There are no bigtime programs that are clean, I honestly believe this and that includes Alabama. Let's not act as if Alabama would not come up on anyone's list of programs who have had their fair share of problems with the NCAA. Just because Saban is not the one giving players shit, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. And CBB is even dirtier than CFB, you can listen to Wimp every week on Jox and from time to time he hint at some underhanded things being done to get players. You don't have a guy you call Dr. Transcript if you are doing things above board.

There are no bigtime programs that are clean, I honestly believe this and that includes Alabama. Let's not act as if Alabama would not come up on anyone's list of programs who have had their fair share of problems with the NCAA. Just because Saban is not the one giving players shit, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. And CBB is even dirtier than CFB, you can listen to Wimp every week on Jox and from time to time he hint at some underhanded things being done to get players. You don't have a guy you call Dr. Transcript if you are doing things above board.
There is no doubt that most have gone past the line but some take it to a completely different level. SMU did what everyone did but they did it to the extreme. We all know the stories when Texas A&M dropped a hay bale with cash to John David Crow. I would be shocked if any college was in compliance but some like Wade at LSU make minor are just beyond stretching the rules.

I agree that Pearl is one of best coaches in nation, both in game and in developing talent as well as motivation (although that act of disrespect is getting old) Just don’t like him.

There is no doubt that most have gone past the line but some take it to a completely different level. SMU did what everyone did but they did it to the extreme. We all know the stories when Texas A&M dropped a hay bale with cash to John David Crow. I would be shocked if any college was in compliance but some like Wade at LSU make minor are just beyond stretching the rules.

I agree that Pearl is one of best coaches in nation, both in game and in developing talent as well as motivation (although that act of disrespect is getting old) Just don’t like him.

Reactions: Denny_DennyCrane
Minor violations did not get Pearl a show cause ... don't kid yourself.

CHEATING helps you get players ... PLAYERS MAKE YOU A GOOD COACH.
CNS did not have great players at MSU and he was a good coach ... he goes to LSU gets great players and he becomes a great coach .... difference is he did not have to CHEAT ... Pearl is a CONFIRMED CHEATER ask the NCAA and his ex WIFE.

Reactions: jtr4dad
Minor violations did not get Pearl a show cause ... don't kid yourself.

CHEATING helps you get players ... PLAYERS MAKE YOU A GOOD COACH.
CNS did not have great players at MSU and he was a good coach ... he goes to LSU gets great players and he becomes a great coach .... difference is he did not have to CHEAT ... Pearl is a CONFIRMED CHEATER ask the NCAA and his ex WIFE.
He got a show cause for lying to the NCAA about a.....wait for it...... minor violation. Until someone can show proof he has committed major violations, people here speculating is no different than Auburn fans speculating that Saban must be cheating. The NCAA has a couple rules on the books now that are called the Nick Saban rules, they are not called that because Saban came up with these rules...

He got a show cause for lying to the NCAA about a.....wait for it...... minor violation. Until someone can show proof he has committed major violations, people here speculating is no different than Auburn fans speculating that Saban must be cheating. The NCAA has a couple rules on the books now that are called the Nick Saban rules, they are not called that because Saban came up with these rules...
Maybe the fact he contacted the players that attended and their families and asked them to lie as well figured in?

Think about that

Of course he will lie to protect himself. He is a serial liar. But the fact he also has no reservation in trying to sell players into potentially harming themselves solely to benefit Pearl confirms bp as a grade a slime bag

Not about a BBQ that is the bp-ite and auburn spin. It is about his history and operational procedures

Worth noting he has so far had more high profile and noteworthy issues at auburn than anywhere else

Reactions: jtr4dad and milso47
Maybe the fact he contacted the players that attended and their families and asked them to lie as well figured in?

Think about that

Of course he will lie to protect himself. He is a serial liar. But the fact he also has no reservation in trying to sell players into potentially harming themselves solely to benefit Pearl confirms bp as a grade a slime bag

Not about a BBQ that is the bp-ite and auburn spin. It is about his history and operational procedures

Worth noting he has so far had more high profile and noteworthy issues at auburn than anywhere else
Yes he lied and asked the families to lie, but it still doesn't change the fact that if he had just come clean, he and UT would have received a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. What made him lie about something that wasn't a major violation, I don't know.

He is sleazy, he has this used car salesman thing about him, but most coaches do. When I hear Oats talk, I think use car salesman from the north. If Pearl was Bama coach the majority ITT bashing him would be defending him. Think about this, when Bama was going though the coaching search a large number of posters here wanted Bama to go after Rick Pitino. Rick freaking Pitino, a guy who is even more sleazier than Pearl.

Gonzaga is No. 1. Alabama would have a tough go of it with Gonzaga as well. This ain’t football.
That wasn't the point ,... the point was the person writing this was trying to compare Bruce at Auburn in basketball to Saban in football at Alabama which is RIDICULOUS ! Bruce has a Long ,long, long ,long, long ,LONG way to go to fill those shoes ,& or make those comparisons !

That wasn't the point ,... the point was the person writing this was trying to compare Bruce at Auburn in basketball to Saban in football at Alabama which is RIDICULOUS ! Bruce has a Long ,long, long ,long, long ,LONG way to go to fill those shoes ,& or make those comparisons !
My point is that I didn’t say that or write that. It’s a fictitious salvo. Gg on Saturday, doe. Ala’s offense is enjoyable to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: kyle h
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT