ADVERTISEMENT

Jaykwon Walton Arrested on marijuana and gun charges

This is a special level of dumb on the kid's part.

Reminds me a bit of Pappy Price boozing his way out of T-Town when he didn't even have a signed contract. "It's rollin' baby..." But in this case it was joints being rolled.... smh

Reactions: bet9
I am reminded of Coach Hobbs last season at Alabama. Coach Hobbs had signed a JUCO from New York and he had a good kid from Atlanta that played guard. One night the kid from New York decided to start breaking into cars and the young man from a good family in Atlanta was with him and did not stop him. The story ends with arrest and the result was a totally destroyed program, which ended in the dismissal of Hobbs.

Needless to say Coach Oats is at a critical juncture in the program and one more incident like Myles could totally destroy the program. He must have a zero tolerance policy.

I am reminded of Coach Hobbs last season at Alabama. Coach Hobbs had signed a JUCO from New York and he had a good kid from Atlanta that played guard. One night the kid from New York decided to start breaking into cars and the young man from a good family in Atlanta was with him and did not stop him. The story ends with arrest and the result was a totally destroyed program, which ended in the dismissal of Hobbs.

Needless to say Coach Oats is at a critical juncture in the program and one more incident like Myles could totally destroy the program. He must have a zero tolerance policy.
I think we are far from being destroyed. We have a lot of momentum. I think it will continue.

Hobbs' recruiting and offense was his undoing.

Just how long will it take Joseph Goodman from AL.com, to write an article titled "Another Bama Basketball Player Arrested On The Strip" when the arrested party has never signed with Bama. This guy has had a personal agenda against Bama for the past 5 years and uses AL.com as his tool to spread his crap.

Last edited:
He wasn’t on campus or signed yet so has nothing to do with the team or culture
He was too close for comfort on both fronts, and we all know it. That being said, I don't think there is much CNO could do to prevent this particular thing. It is just alarming that this stuff is so prevalent around our campus and athletic programs. It is getting to the point where it is hard to look at these guys as being worthy of the adoration and fandom they get from us all.

He was too close for comfort on both fronts, and we all know it. That being said, I don't think there is much CNO could do to prevent this particular thing. It is just alarming that this stuff is so prevalent around our campus and athletic programs. It is getting to the point where it is hard to look at these guys as being worthy of the adoration and fandom they get from us all.
These are 18-22 year old young men, often away from their surroundings for the first time. Many do not have role models when growing to adulthood, so they do not know how to act.

As a teenager, I was just as wild as some of them, I just had an Uncle that told me that if I did not like and appreciate school, he had an all expense paid vacation to SE Asia that was awaiting me. I grew up the third day at boot camp and turned life around and the Good Lord gave me a second chance. Not all young men get that lucky. It is amazing how many young people give up drinking and partying the second that it becomes legal. It is horrible how many do not.

Reactions: bet9
These are 18-22 year old young men, often away from their surroundings for the first time. Many do not have role models when growing to adulthood, so they do not know how to act.

As a teenager, I was just as wild as some of them, I just had an Uncle that told me that if I did not like and appreciate school, he had an all expense paid vacation to SE Asia that was awaiting me. I grew up the third day at boot camp and turned life around and the Good Lord gave me a second chance. Not all young men get that lucky. It is amazing how many young people give up drinking and partying the second that it becomes legal. It is horrible how many do not.
It was NOT like this when you were 18-22. Be honest.

Reactions: xcop
It was NOT like this when you were 18-22. Be honest.
We just didn't have guns or hot cars. We fought with our fist and walked to the fight. The girls lived in dorms until they were juniors and we were on a 3.0 system and you could not have a car until you had 60 QPt's. The University had 11,500 students, 7,000 male and 4,500 female. The girls had to be in at 10:30 on weeknights, 11:00 on Friday and 11:30 on Saturday. The only Bars that a young man could go to were the Chucker and the Tide. If you wanted to get drunk and fight you had to go to the Southernare in Columbus, Ms. After I got out of the Service they had lowered the drinking age to 19, so it was no fun getting drunk and I had all of the fighting I ever wanted the year before. Besides it was a long walk from the campus to Greensboro Ave. to work. On the walk back there was always the stop at Krystal for breakfast. When I came back, I tended Bar at a place next to the Budweiser Warehouse and had a different outlook on life.

Don't tell me we were not like that, as I had to clean up at 2:00 in the morning many a Friday and Saturday Night. Like I said, we just didn't have the guns. I cannot tell you the number of roaches I picked up, and I don't mean bugs, so don't tell me about Mary Jane. You might not have been like that, but there were a lot of students at the U of A that were, only without guns.

Last edited:
We just didn't have guns or hot cars. We fought with our fist and walked to the fight. The girls lived in dorms until they were juniors and we were on a 3.0 system and you could not have a car until you had 60 QPt's. The University had 11,500 students, 7,000 male and 4,500 female. The girls had to be in at 10:30 on weeknights, 11:00 on Friday and 11:30 on Saturday. The only Bars that a young man could go to were the Chucker and the Tide. If you wanted to get drunk and fight you had to go to the Southernare in Columbus, Ms. After I got out of the Service they had lowered the drinking age to 19, so it was no fun getting drunk and I had all of the fighting I ever wanted the year before. Besides it was a long walk from the campus to Greensboro Ave. to work. On the walk back there was always the stop at Krystal for breakfast. When I came back, I tended Bar at a place next to the Budweiser Warehouse and had a different outlook on life.

Don't tell me we were not like that, as I had to clean up at 2:00 in the morning many a Friday and Saturday Night. Like I said, we just didn't have the guns. I cannot tell you the number of roaches I picked up, and I don't mean bugs, so don't tell me about Mary Jane. You might not have been like that, but there were a lot of students at the U of A that were, only without guns.
So y'all were just like that except not really bc you didn't do the worst part. Like I said....

Unfortunately with the new permit less carry law, the guns were not even a legal issue. If not for the weed, none of us would have even heard about this incident. Kids need to be smarter and focus on the bigger goals in life. I'm sure some of these athletes are targets in the club scene and feel the need to "protect" themselves. Sometimes a good controlled house party can be a nice pacifier.

Reactions: cpat4bama
XCOP what percentage of criminals that you arrested would you classify as being smart when you arrested them. It sounds to me like the young man would fit in well at Ohio State.

XCOP what percentage of criminals that you arrested would you classify as being smart when you arrested them. It sounds to me like the young man would fit in well at Ohio State.
Most of them made my job easier than it could have been. Too many people believe they are bullet proof or it will happen to the other guy. they forget they are the other guy to the rest of the world. Those that think they are smarter than those dumb cops most often found out different. But I suspect you know that .

Unfortunately with the new permit less carry law, the guns were not even a legal issue. If not for the weed, none of us would have even heard about this incident. Kids need to be smarter and focus on the bigger goals in life. I'm sure some of these athletes are targets in the club scene and feel the need to "protect" themselves. Sometimes a good controlled house party can be a nice pacifier.
True/ but he is gone due to those guns “ being in the car”.

If you are drinking or intoxicated the police will take the gun and you have to prove ownership to get it back, which might be difficult.
Somewhere I heard the breakdown on death investigations with guns was: 50% were self inflicted wounds, 40% were committed with stolen handguns, 8% were committed with legally owned weapons and 2% were mass murders. That means that about 80% of non suicide deaths, as the result of guns, were committed with stolen weapons. I guess there is a strong chance that legal ownership of the weapon cannot be proven.

Reactions: lainey2020 and xcop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT