ADVERTISEMENT

jd davison

only knock on him. does he have to pose after every dunk? i think oats will make sure he gets back on defence.
That's easily correctable. Running the lines on the floor or the steps at Coleman after practice tends to change behaviors.

Reactions: Bama#15
You could put eleven #13s out there on defense and they couldn't stop JD.

• Haha
Reactions: xcop
HES also played against some of the best high school competition in AAU and excelled.
That definitely makes me feel better. Cause the highlights you see from his high school games you can see that there are ZERO big guy rim protector types.

Reactions: bet9
JD does that against whatever competition he goes up against. JD is the last player you need to worry about translating to the next level. There will be an adjustment period similar to what Primo went through/is going through. JD is going to be one hell of a player

Watching JD right now. It’s early in the playoffs so his competition isn’t good at all. He’s just bullying these guys. He’s been playing in the post in the half court and just bullying them. Basket every time he touches it.

Reactions: sbisteve
He won't be bullying SEC sophs and jrs. I hope he is good enough to start at pt next year . JQ would be better with him there.
He might bully JQ on offense. But I’m guessing the way JD has defended in high school JQ will probably work him over too.

Reactions: xcop
Damn you must be really old to think that
If you don’t think many of today’s college coaches are having players run stadiums young fella you are sorely mistaken. I am sure that many coaches have different methods of getting things done, but there are still plenty of coaches that have not conformed to the candy ass let the player call the shots way of doing things.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

If he blows up, but I think he goes two years
Could easily see this happening. Athletically, he's a one and done player. But we've seen the adjustment Primo had to make jumping up to the college game. I can see JD having to go through the same type thing. I do believe JD 100% fits perfectly into Oats system. Once he really learns what the coaches expect from him on offense and defense, the dude's potential is through the damn roof. So excited to see this kid play.

Reactions: sbisteve
Could easily see this happening. Athletically, he's a one and done player. But we've seen the adjustment Primo had to make jumping up to the college game. I can see JD having to go through the same type thing. I do believe JD 100% fits perfectly into Oats system. Once he really learns what the coaches expect from him on offense and defense, the dude's potential is through the damn roof. So excited to see this kid play.
I hope he’s ready to defend. I’m not going to act like I’ve seen him a lot. But what I’ve seen he’s just trying to pick kids pockets and reach around behind them after they go by him and knock it out and such. And I know they aren’t locking down in AAU either. That could be a big big transition for him.

I hope he’s ready to defend. I’m not going to act like I’ve seen him a lot. But what I’ve seen he’s just trying to pick kids pockets and reach around behind them after they go by him and knock it out and such. And I know they aren’t locking down in AAU either. That could be a big big transition for him.
There are always factors that are unpredictable as well, such as turnovers and understanding the offense. You never know when an uber talented kid just cannot play at the college level and make the passes without turning it over.

There are always factors that are unpredictable as well, such as turnovers and understanding the offense. You never know when an uber talented kid just cannot play at the college level and make the passes without turning it over.
JQ is a good example of these things at times. I’m not an optimist but I think JD will be really good.

JQ is a good example of these things at times. I’m not an optimist but I think JD will be really good.
Also, Rojas. Oats has seen a lot more of him than we have, and he believed Rojas to be one of his 5 best players. But, he couldn’t have predicted he would get into games and average a turnover per touch.

He didn’t seem to pose on this one.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT