ADVERTISEMENT

jd davison

Watched a little of JD today in the Elite 8 I believe. It’s the 2nd time I’ve watched some and he didn’t run the point much. He played around the basket more than anything unless he got a rebound or steal and ran the break.
It’s funny watching these guys against weaker competition. I know he plays a lot of AAU and such, but having to defend every possession and not trying to jump passing lanes and let the ball go by and poke it out from behind will be an adjustment. I’m sure it is for a lot of them. I remember Coach K talking about the first thing he had to teach kids when they got to Duke was to sprint. He said they were always better than everybody else so they never learned how to sprint and play hard all of the time.

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
JD down 37-32 to Midfield at the half in the Semis. I think he has 21 on 15 shots. I’m excited for him to come. But man is he going to have a massive adjustment in playing hard the whole time....

JD down 56-50 after 3. The amount of flips when JD drives it is insane. He has 3 fouls. He better have thick skin bc Oats is going to teach him a lot about defending and “max effort.”

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
JD lost 81-77. He had 44-45. Kid from Midfield had 30. Literally very small amount of defense. Lots of flops. And JD is included in that. He got blown by plenty of times. But he can handle it and score.

Reactions: pfaud001
His coach talked highly of him and how good of a teammate is he and how hard he works. It was an interesting PC. The coach talked about how hard it was for him, asst coaches and other players with JD. How he got all the credit, etc. He said “If I win with JD, it’s bc of him. And if I l lose with him, it’s bc of me.” All true, but it was odd him saying all of that with JD sitting right beside him.

Reactions: bet9
His coach talked highly of him and how good of a teammate is he and how hard he works. It was an interesting PC. The coach talked about how hard it was for him, asst coaches and other players with JD. How he got all the credit, etc. He said “If I win with JD, it’s bc of him. And if I l lose with him, it’s bc of me.” All true, but it was odd him saying all of that with JD sitting right beside him.

Just one of the weird side effects of having a 5 star at a 2A school. No one knows how handle it

Reactions: bet9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT