ADVERTISEMENT

Joshua Primo named SEC Freshman of the Week

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Alabama guard Joshua Primo has been named the Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week, it was announced on Monday. Primo's first career weekly award also marks the fourth time in the past five weeks that an Alabama player has been recognized with the weekly honor from the league office.

Primo joins Jaden Shackelford, who was recognized on Dec. 28, and John Petty Jr., who was tabbed the Player of the Week on Jan. 4 and Jan. 18, as UA players who have been garnered the weekly recognition this year.

Joshua Primo

— Helped lead Alabama to wins at LSU and vs. Mississippi State last week, extending the Tide's winning streak to nine games – the longest since 2002-03 – and eight straight to start SEC play, which matches the Tide's second-best start in conference play in program history

— Averaged 19.0 points, 5.0 threes made and 3.5 rebounds per game on the week, while shooting an incredible 73.7 percent (14-
of-19) from the floor and 76.9 percent (10-of-13) from beyond the arc

— In the win at LSU, the Toronto, Ontario, native connected on 6-of-8 treys and finished with 22 points in just 19 minutes of action as the Tide captured a 30-point 105-75 win in Baton Rouge. With Primo's help, Alabama knocked down an SEC record 23 three-pointers in the victory

— He followed that performance by connecting on 4-of-5 three-point shots in the 81-73 victory over Mississippi State.

Alabama will return to action Tuesday night when it hosts Kentucky on Super Tuesday. That contest is slated to tip off at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN.

That would be a mistake, imo. Right now he's basically a catch and shoot guy with flashes of other skills. He needs more time at this level to work his way into a lottery pick.
I don’t disagree, but with his age I’m sure there is a few teams that would draft him just because he’s so young and just bring him up with their system.

Is Primo even allowed to enter the draft after this year due to his age?

I feel he has a lot to work on before going pro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT