ADVERTISEMENT

juwan gary

He is impressive, supossedly practicing in about three weeks.
i think Rojas could also be a little better than expected.
For the first time I can remember, we have a 10 deep team that can get up and down the court with anybody.
Not only do we have a 10 deep but we have some older guys. We will obviously play some young guys, but these schools that don’t get big time recruits that always do well in the tournament always have these older guys. There’s only so many freshman lottery picks walking around. So having some of these older guys that are hopefully more of a man than an 18 year old is a good thing in my book.

My biggest question is will JQ be able to slice through defenses and get to the rim like Kira. Also force teams to leave there man when he penetrates so others can get open looks from three. If so this team can be really good. Probably the best roster we've had in a decade or more.

My biggest question is will JQ be able to slice through defenses and get to the rim like Kira. Also force teams to leave there man when he penetrates so others can get open looks from three. If so this team can be really good. Probably the best roster we've had in a decade or more.
i like q at the point. i just wish we had a true point guard to back him up. this year primo, shack, and herb will pitch in, hopefully we stay injury free at that position.

I don’t think he’ll be able to get to the rim like Kira, but hopefully he can finish at a higher rate. At times last season it was painful to watch Kira at the rim... ie: at Florida.

He is impressive, supossedly practicing in about three weeks.
i think Rojas could also be a little better than expected.
For the first time I can remember, we have a 10 deep team that can get up and down the court with anybody.
We should easily go 10 deep, but I’m not sure that Gary or Rojas would be in that group. I have those 2 and Miles in the 11-13 slots.

Reactions: bet9 and terp john
I don’t think he’ll be able to get to the rim like Kira, but hopefully he can finish at a higher rate. At times last season it was painful to watch Kira at the rim... ie: at Florida.
This! “Getting to the rim” is overrated. There are a lot of guys that can get the rim but can you get there under control and actually create some contact at times and finish through some contact. Kira was great and I’m not bashing him. But he always seemed like he was trying so hard to avoid contact he couldn’t finish at times.

Reactions: bet9 and Sweetlou10
i like q at the point. i just wish we had a true point guard to back him up. this year primo, shack, and herb will pitch in, hopefully we stay injury free at that position.
Yeah this is what I've been screaming. Only glaring issue, ostensibly, is no true #2 PG. I know Primo is a CG blah blah I know. I'd just like a true PG backing up Q. This is a small critique btw as I am ecstatic over this year's squad.

Reactions: Codie B and xcop
Yeah this is what I've been screaming. Only glaring issue, ostensibly, is no true #2 PG. I know Primo is a CG blah blah I know. I'd just like a true PG backing up Q. This is a small critique btw as I am ecstatic over this year's squad.

CNO said some really positive things the other day when asked about the Canadian connection. Not word for word, but seemed to indicate that he was the most pro ready and I thought it was a telling statement given that Primo hasn't played one minute yet. I'm guessing we will be pleasantly surprised by Primo.

I watched a video on JQ the other day called Unguarded on you tube. It showed him playing in high school and he was making a lot of contested layups. Seems very good at the rim and at the three point line. I know it's only high school so the question is can he do it in college and in the SEC. But after watching the video I'm optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT