ADVERTISEMENT

Football 🏈 Kalen DeBoer Thursday press conference

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
DeBoer: "It was a full-fledged practice... Really good work from our guys." Said some of Alabama's backups played extremely competitively.
DeBoer said the format for the spring game will be offense vs. defense. Said he treats it like "practice No. 15."
On A-Day: "Excited to see a packed stadium there."
DeBoer on biggest area of growth: "The competitive stamina that we've continued to show." Said players have continued to work at the same level they did since Day 1.
On the spring portal opening Monday: "I'd say the defensive backfield we're probably a guy short or so." Also said the O-Line might
On Parker Brailsford: "Right now I wouldn't plan on him [being available for the spring game]... he'll be with us sooner or later."
On the traditions of A-Day while establishing his own: "there are some traditions that guys have felt up that are important and they care about... still learning about some of those."
On Alabama's players buying in: "I think it's continued to be a process." Said Alabama is not to the point where he wants it to be but he likes where his players' mindset is trending in the right direction. "I really feel like they are buying in... But you're talking about almost 120 players... I think there are some that are still feeling it out." Said leaders have emerged during January and February and others have followed along.
On the staff creating a competitive balance: "They just continue to do a great job of pushing their position groups." Said the staff is super competitive and has fun jabbing each other.
On the impact of the portal window on spring practice: "I think the guys have done a good job. I don't think we've waived.
On the position groups that have impressed: "I really like some things that are happening up front." Also said he's been impressed by the young players he's seen in the secondary.
DeBoer said he'd be comfortable putting all four of Alabama's quarterbacks on the field.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News