ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s take a look at the rest of the schedule

D Isaiah T Billings-Clyde7

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2016
Outside of an absolutely brutal stretch of Baylor(non con obviously), @ Auburn, and Kentucky, we have a very manageable schedule the rest of the way. Obviously if you can go lose to mizzou then it makes it hard feel confident about any of them…

That said… I look for bama to get back on track Saturday in Starkville, get a big win at home against top 12 LSU mid week, then pay back mizzou at home and take care of Georgia who sucks. From there just win the ones we are supposed to and 12-6 is where we would be in conference. That would be enough for a 5-6 seed considering our SOS and resume of wins. I think that’s a solid season for what feels like a disappointment coming off those last 2 games.

we HAVE to stop the bleeding this Saturday! Can’t let these type games slip or .500 starts to become the goal

I still believe this team is capable of “clicking” again. Regardless of what the issues are, it’s obvious to all it just hasn’t been right for the last 6-8 games.

Don’t see any road wins left, minus UGA.
Road schedule
@ Miss State
@georgia
@Auburn
@ole Miss
@Kentucky
@Vanderbilt
@LSU

Need to go 4-3 and that’s very doable. I get it we suck now but we did go win at Florida. It’s not like we just collapse every road trip. State, Georgia, Vandy, ole miss all being losses would put us in the NIT without a doubt

Reactions: Codie B
I don’t understand all the hate for this team. Have there been defense lapses? Yes, but this team took Auburn to end when it could have given up. This is still a solid team. Basketball is all about matchups and we present very tough matchups for the rest of the teams on our schedule.

I don’t understand all the hate for this team. Have there been defense lapses? Yes, but this team took Auburn to end when it could have given up. This is still a solid team. Basketball is all about matchups and we present very tough matchups for the rest of the teams on our schedule.
It takes one phenomenal season for the fan base to completely forget what we’ve been for the last 30 years. The reality is, the departure of herb and petty are brutal (who many on this board hated). We don’t quite have the firepower on this team to be elite, but it’s a really good basketball team that’s had a few lapses.

Reactions: pfaud001

Speaking of defense lapses, last season we had Quinerly bringing the offensive spark off the bench while Gary and Ellis would bring the defensive spark.
I think bringing either Ellis or Gary off the bench along with Gurley and Davison would help the team maintain steady defense which helps our offense.

Quinerly and Shackleford demand the ball so much that Ellis almost disappears at time. As dumb as it sounds, I'd try starting Miles over Ellis because it wouldn't hurt the first team but make the second team that much better.

Davison, Ellis, and Gurley off the bench would produce. Now that I say that, I changed my mind. Bring in Bediako with those 2 and start Gurley. Hell, idk but I'd make some lineup changes...lol

Reactions: pfaud001 and gossy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT